PP USA XII: Kick-Off & Midweek Mayhem Announcement

it's been a long time since Evergrey has played at ProgPower...ProgPower VII in 2006 to be exact...so 5 years when the band hits the stage...So what's the problem???:popcorn:
And maybe if I felt that they did anything interesting in the past 5 years musically, maybe I'd be more interested. To be honest, their last album, Torn, was pretty bland. Combine that with the fact that I saw them in the last 4 times they came to ProgPower and color me unexcited, particualrly when it would be very difficult to top their last appearance.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and the new album will be the one where they return to form, but I'm not counting on it.

Well fuck me sideways! After the past year my wife came up to me after and said...I really don't want to attend PP anymore. Its a long weekend, its very costly and I don't enjoy much of the music, so can we consider not going??? In response I said..."as much as I enjoy going every year, it has been more difficult to stay excited about, and the cost is making it tough every year, so next year Glenn will have to blow the doors off for me to want to go..." BANG!!!...Sanctuary!!! (mumbles under breath..."Sanctuary, how the hell can I honestly pass on Sanctuary?"). Well, I buy all of the bands that I'm not familiar with and I start plotting out whether I'm willing or not...listening to each bands CD and preparing myself for the inevitable choices I have to make.
Creations End...not bad but not enough to make me have to be there
Voyager- same
Eldritch- meh
Mob Rules...dammit! The new cd blew the doors off! Decision is getting tougher
Arcturus- nope
Sanctuary..of course the one band that is a must see!!!
Haken...very interesting choice! I like!
While Heaven Wept...not bad at what they do, just not my bag
Red Circuit...nope
Labyrinth...why did you have to kick my ass with Heaven Denied II??? Dammit!
Dream Evil...same as above...new disc is an improvement in leaps and bounds
Therion...hate 'em.
...So the decision comes down to the Thursday bands...gonna have to make me shit my shorts to want to attend...
...Vandenplas...I squeeze my cheeks tightly, afraid that I may have...almost...shit...my shorts!!! I think I'm ok...no shit has escaped yet...thank God!
...Evergrey...OMFG I JUST EXPLODED SHIT ALL OVER MY SHORTS!!! I HAVE TO GO NEXT YEAR!!! I'm still shitting as I type this...two day later.

Now, how do I sweetly confirm this vacation with my wife? DO I send her to Texas to visit her boys while I attend ProgPower? Do I offer to by our youngest a ticket, confirming what she already knows, that I'm a manipulative SOB? Or do I just surprise her with an early 20 year anniversary party in Atlanta...Decisions decisions...

http://www.bravewords.com/news/149772?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

From Bravewords:
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 at 10:35:13 EST

German progressive metal band VANDEN PLAS has announced the following live dates:

November
20 - Verviers, Belgium - Spirit of 66

December
17 - Paris, France - Divan du Monde

January
29 - Kerkrade, Netherlands - Rock Temple

February
18 - Rüsselsheim, Germany - Rind

May
1 - Wiesbaden, Germany - GMZ

As previously reported, An Evening With EVERGREY and Vanden Plas has been announced for the ProgPower USA XII Kick-Off Show on Thursday, September 15th, 2011 as part of the annual event’s festivities. The returning fan favorites will co-headline the night and will each perform a 90-plus minute special set. There will be no opening act. In addition, Evergrey will perform an acoustic show as part of Mid-Week Mayhem on Wednesday, September 14th with metal karaoke immediately following to round out the night. Due to the intimate nature of the setting, only 200 tickets will be made available to the public.

Vanden Plas will also perform a semi-acoustic show on Saturday, September 17th as part of the exclusive Gold Badge Series of shows. Tickets for this show are not available to public, as ProgPower USA XII Gold Badge tickets are sold-out.

North America’s premier progressive and power metal festival returns to Center Stage in Atlanta, GA on September 16 - 17th with the following confirmed bands:

THERION (US exclusive)
SANCTUARY
ARCTURUS (US exclusive)
DREAM EVIL (US exclusive)
LABYRINTH (US exclusive)
MOB RULES (US exclusive)
ELDRITCH (US exclusive)
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT
RED CIRCUIT (US exclusive)
VOYAGER
HAKEN (US exclusive)
CREATION'S END

Ticket information for all nights will be announced soon on the festival website.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I will finally see Vanden Plas!!!
Three thumbs up. That's right three!! This is such awesome news I grew an extra thumb just to stick up in the air.
Evergrey is not too shabby either. My hats off to Glenn/Shane.
:worship::kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang::headbang:

VANDEN PLAS!!!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Oh, please, please, PLEASE let the visa applications cross the desk of someone with a few working brain cells. And can we make sure their flight doesn't connect through Detroit? :lol:

Thanks/Kudos to Glenn & Shane!!