Progpower USA Showcase Announcement

I haven't heard any stuff from these bands...but I went to the showcase last year and it was great.

Any album recommendations (from all the bands)?

For those not familiar with Future's End- I've been playing them on my show for a few months and they have always received a strong response. I recommend checking them out in advance and being there to see them live. Their music is badass and I think everyone there is going to be entirely impressed.

Great lineup Shane!!!

http://www.myspace.com/futuresendband

Is the showcase generally the day before the first set of bands go on? This will be my first ProgPower Festival so I'm not really sure what the deal is. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it's the Thursday night before, and while Gold Badge members get in early, by tradition, a Gold Badge OR a ticket to Progpower itself are NOT your ticket to the pre-party. It's a totally seperate event.

I'm pleased all the way around with this lineup! Primal Fear simply rocks, and Vanden Plas has been one of my favorite bands for the past ten years. Suspyre is pretty good, and their new album is their best yet. Future's End sounds pretty promising, and they win my approval just for giving me the opportunity to finally see Steve DiGiorgio live (and in a melodic metal band, to boot!). You did an awesome job, Shane!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I haven't heard any stuff from these bands...but I went to the showcase last year and it was great.

Vanden Plas doesn't have an album I don't like, but I would try Beyond Daylight for your first due to some of the catchier tunes on that one. Far Off Grace would be equally good. After that, their latest release Christ 0 is killer.

By the way, so much love for VP here, why not stop in their forum and at least let them know how much you anticipate their PP performance? They could use a little traffic and support on their own site.

Last year there was no showcase per se, it was a tour stop for Helloween/Gamma Ray/Manticora.

Vanden Plas - I'd start with Christ O (but as AMBR said they don't have a bad album)

Primal Fear - I have their Seven Seals album and like it a lot. I'd start with that one.

Suspyre - I think they hit on all cylinders with When Time Fades.

Future's End - That's a new band I'll be checking them out shortly. :)

we are very stoked to be on the bill.
we are in the process of finishing our debut album for nightmare records.

line up:
fred marshall-zero hour "a fragile mind" vocals
marc pattison-guitars
christian wentz-guitars
Steve DiGiorgio- testament, sadus, death,-bass
jon allen- testament, sadus, death. - drums

www.myspace.com/futuresendband

stop by our myspace and check out some pre production stuff (rough mixes).
looking forward to a killer time.

Last year there was no showcase per se, it was a tour stop for Helloween/Gamma Ray/Manticora.

Vanden Plas - I'd start with Christ O (but as AMBR said they don't have a bad album)

Primal Fear - I have their Seven Seals album and like it a lot. I'd start with that one.

Suspyre - I think they hit on all cylinders with When Time Fades.

Future's End - That's a new band I'll be checking them out shortly. :)

Primal Fear is one of my all time faves so obviously I'm partial to every album,but if I had to pick one to reccomend I guess it would be Jaws of Death(second release).It has my favorite song by them titled "Church of Blood".The first album is excellent to.It's self titled and contains a killer song called "Running In the Dust".In my eyes you can't go wrong with any album by them,but when I first start to get into a band that has several releases I try to start at the beginning.
Hope that helps

Primal Fear - Early stuff sounds like Priest. It wasnt until the last two or three albums that they really developed their own sound. That said:

Devils Ground
Seven Seals
New Religion

Vanden Plas: Christ 0 or Beyond Daylight

Suspyre: Anything they have a consistent sound

Futures End: nothing released check their myspace

Guys, Suspyre is worth the price of admission by themselves. "A Great Divide" and "When Time Fades" are incredible CDs. The jazz/metal fusion on "When Time Fades" is some of the most brilliantly composed tunes this side of Kitee. If you see nothing else that weekend, see and bear witness to Suspyre. :headbang::headbang::worship: