Prog Power X

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
German power metal giants PRIMAL FEAR return to Atlanta to co-headline the ProgPower USA Showcase on September 10th of this year. Progressive metal stalwarts VANDEN PLAS will co-headline the evening with an exclusive U.S. performance. Support will be provided by New Jersey’s SUSPYRE and California’s FUTURE'S END (with Steve DiGiorgio).

The 10th anniversary of the festival features the following acts:

Fates Warning
Andre Matos
Brainstorm
Royal Hunt
Pagan’s Mind
Orphaned Land
Sabaton
Circus Maximus
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Tomorrow’s Eve
Power Quest

The annual “Mid-Week Mayhem on Wednesday, September 9th will feature an exclusive acoustic show from Pagan Maximus (featuring members of both Pagan’s Mind & Circus Maximus), Queensryche tribute band Mindcrime (with vocalist Chris Salinas of Zero Hour, Shane DuBose and Eric Halpern of Krucible) performing the classic “Operation:Mindcrime” in its entirety. Live Queensryche karaoke will follow.

Tickets for the main event go on sale March 7th via all ticketmaster
outlets. Tickets for the Showcase will go on sale June 1st . Further
information can be found at the ProgPower USA (www.progpowerusa.com)
website.

Aha...:Smug:

The way I see it I have to arrive on the 9th but I'm gonna skip the show and the karaoke (Queensryche bores me). The showcase will rule with Primal Fear so it's a go, and Sabaton and Matos will do for the festival (and some others band will worth to check).

I have to check the plane fares and availability before March 7th, that will decide the go or not.

Good to see Fates Warning playing a gig. Maybe we'll get a new album out of them at some point.

I Really Wanna See:

Fates Warning
Brainstorm
Royal Hunt (Maybe)
Pagan’s Mind
Circus Maximus

And this is maybe my most anticipated:
TQueensryche tribute band Mindcrime (with vocalist Chris Salinas of Zero Hour, Shane DuBose and Eric Halpern of Krucible) performing the classic “Operation:Mindcrime” in its entirety. Live Queensryche karaoke will follow. (AKA half of Z-Lot-Z and Selinas).

Oh and wyv, the "Queensryche boring" remark: blasphemy! (Well, their later shit, ok).

Hey cool hope to get to see you there Rolando, i already have my Gold Badge, I ussually arrive there thursday, but would like to see the Pagan's-Maximus set. The one returning band that i don't care at all for is Orphaned Land, IMO their acoustic set was a snooze,boring, and on the main stage i could only handle 2 songs and that was it. It's gonna be a big celebration

You must come Rolando!! It will be the UMOS reunion! Kat and Ron, Weezer, Pabs, Mloanna, me, Britt, it will not be the same. You are in our townhouse so don't worry about a place to crash.

Royal Hunt with Mark Boals- CAN'T WAIT!!!

You are in our townhouse so don't worry about a place to crash.

I know Wheezer told me, I appreciate it a lot from you all (I just need a small space to sleep..and maybe a bathroom :zombie:)

Royal Hunt with Mark Boals- CAN'T WAIT!!!

Royal Hunt have Mark Bolas on vocals now? Well, now that's INTERESTING! I have to do my best to attend I guess.

I know Wheezer told me, I appreciate it a lot from you all (I just need a small space to sleep..and maybe a bathroom :zombie:)

Royal Hunt have Mark Bolas on vocals now? Well, now that's INTERESTING! I have to do my best to attend I guess.

Well there may be 4 of us girls so I told Marvina or Kristin they might be bunkin' with you:p :lol:

Well there may be 4 of us girls so I told Marvina or Kristin they might be bunkin' with you:p :lol:

Careful, Don't Make No Promises (your body can't keep):p But no touching and no snoring! I'm not Another Piece Of Meat :loco:

P.S. Shit, the travel agency was closed today :erk: I'll see if a ask for a day off next week to go and check for flights to Atlanta for September 9th and how many miles I have from my credit cards. I want to be sure about the travel thingie before purchase the ticket on March 7h (damn the showcase tickets come out in June 2nd :mad:).

got tix, crashpad and flight...now just need preparty tix and I'm set. This is going to be so awesome!!

Hawk, Carnut....come on guys..do you think you could fore go many of those awesome festivals for one week in Georgia?? Would truly be a fabulous thing! Sheez I still have PP6 stuff for you guys, how pathetically sad is that.:ill:

Get whichever one isn't sold out. The Granada (which is only one block from the venue) will definitely already be sold out. I am staying there this year. Go ahead and call the other two and just find yourself a room. The Residence is nice, but they know, like The Granada when PPUSA is in town. Expect to pay $200 a night.

Bryant

Which of those is relatively cheap and decent? (ie. has TV, Internet).

Hawk, Carnut....come on guys..do you think you could fore go many of those awesome festivals for one week in Georgia?? Would truly be a fabulous thing! Sheez I still have PP6 stuff for you guys, how pathetically sad is that.:ill:

As much as I want, for me personally it's impossible this year. I can't get much hollidays in september and it's a real big trip for one weekend. Also economy has been hit quit bad over here too. I don't work that much any more for the moment wich translates to a 500$ or so cut in my payments a month. And as stated hotels and stuff are really very expensive at PP USA. Compared to KIT, for 200$ we stay 3 days in a fine hotel including tickets, food and gas to drive to Germany..So what are you guys waiting for ??? Get over here...NOW !! :p

.So what are you guys waiting for ??? Get over here...NOW !! :p

a passport :lol: Totally understandable, sucks about the job hours you got cut. I do know what you mean, this is a year of having to pass on several shows just to know that I am good for PP X. Hugs and all the best, K