Prog Power X

Thankfully the airfare is only $250 for round

Lucky you! Mine is > $650, I'll know for sure tomorrow when I buy the ticket. I know I can cut the price flying with AA, but that means a shitty airline and changing planes at MIA (the worst airport in USA), so I rather pay more and fly straight to Atlanta with Delta (one inmigration point, one customs point only).

Gert, I really wish you could come this year as I would love to meet you face to face, but I can understand completely about the finances and time off. It really doesn't make financial sense for someone to fly from Europe to the USA to see European bands play anyway.....:Smug: ha ha ha. It is just as much for the experience and friendship as it is the bands anyway.
As far as me going over there..... it is certainly a possibility, but a couple of years off as I am an expectant father with my daughter due in late April.In fact, it will be tough for me to even make PPUSA this year, but I am going to find a way come hell or high water.

Bryant

As much as I want, for me personally it's impossible this year. I can't get much hollidays in september and it's a real big trip for one weekend. Also economy has been hit quit bad over here too. I don't work that much any more for the moment wich translates to a 500$ or so cut in my payments a month. And as stated hotels and stuff are really very expensive at PP USA. Compared to KIT, for 200$ we stay 3 days in a fine hotel including tickets, food and gas to drive to Germany..So what are you guys waiting for ??? Get over here...NOW !! :p

It will be an absolute pleasure to see you once again Bill as well as your g/f. I am absolutely excited beyond end with this year's line-up.

I already booked my gold badge before the VP announcement, but now that VP has joined the bill...... I am speechless. I actually feel sorry for the people that can't get into them. VP has a magical and majestic quality that I don't hear anywhere else. They are going to bring the house down.

Bryant

I'm going this year and the girlfriend too. The Vanden Plas announcement just pushed it for me. See you there.

I will almost guarantee you that Nils K. Rue (vocalist of Pagans Mind) will at some point sing a Queensryche song on stage. Nils sounds like a "very good" vocalist on disc, but not "great" in my ear. In person....... trust me..... Nils is absolutely elite. At PPUSA VIII, there was an "all star jam" which featured many different vocalists and musicians and Nils sang that "Grandma" song from King Diamond as well as "Take Hold of the Flame" by Queensryche, and he absolutely nailed both of them. In fact, "nailed" may be an understatement..... he was absolutely incredible.

Bryant

Son of a b1tch! Looks like I'll have to book one in the next few days. Thankfully the airfare is only $250 for round (although I dunno about Wed because we may come down for the Mindcrime Pre-party on wed).

Gert, I really wish you could come this year as I would love to meet you face to face, but I can understand completely about the finances and time off. It really doesn't make financial sense for someone to fly from Europe to the USA to see European bands play anyway.....:Smug: ha ha ha. It is just as much for the experience and friendship as it is the bands anyway.
As far as me going over there..... it is certainly a possibility, but a couple of years off as I am an expectant father with my daughter due in late April.In fact, it will be tough for me to even make PPUSA this year, but I am going to find a way come hell or high water.
Bryant

Great to hear you are becoming a dad again !!! :kickass:
It really doesn't matter wich bands would play at PP, it's just that I really would like to meet you guys, really, really ....(but I wouldn't mind seeing Pagan's Mind again either !!) But as you said; it's a big adventure to fly over for a few days, it's not like you guys quickly fly over for a festival here either. It's something that has to be done in it's right moment, although I feel this time it would be a very complete "gathering" again. In that vision I got big respect for Rolando, who travels to PP on his own !! I'm not that keen on travelling alone, trying to convince a friend already a while to come with me (a "real" usa traveller who flies over a few times a year). Or maybe if Hawk sees the possibility once ??? We'll see... If anyone of you decide to fly over once I'll try to help as much as possible to make it a cheap and worthwile stay !!
Please guys make a bunch of pics, shoot some vids and tell some fiersome stories !!!:lol:

edit: just have been talking with my friend and we put 2010 on our list, still a long time away, but if bands are okay and if most of you guys will attend there's a good chance of us flying over !!

I already booked my gold badge before the VP announcement, but now that VP has joined the bill...... I am speechless.

What's the gold badge all about?

I'm hoping to attend thurs nite as well as Wed and Thurs' line ups excite me as much or moreso than Fri/Sat!

They've really outdone themsleves with the line up this year.

Now if only they could add Dream Evil and Edguy...

Yeah I gladly will trade some bands of the actual roster for Wolf and Dream Evil, or Blind Guardian, or Astral Doors, or Lion's Share, or Manigance (great prog power from France), even Dream Theater :heh:

P.S. Crystal Viper, Sister Sin, Bone Shaker, or Final Stage are also acceptable

I have been to PPUSA II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX. I only missed three because my boy was an infant. I bought a "gold badge" at PPUSA IV. It is sold directly from the promoter GLenn Harveston. It allows me to not have to wait in line. I get in the venue an hour earlier than the normal crowd. I get the dates of the festival a day earlier than the public, so I can book a motel room. I also get entered in drawings for prizes and some other extras. I simply have to pay a little extra for it and go every year.

As far as Sat night. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by both Brainstorm and Pagans Mind. Even if you don't get into them on disc, they are stellar live acts.

This line-up is the best in my ear of all the PPUSA events. I can't wait.

Bryant

What's the gold badge all about?

I'm hoping to attend thurs nite as well as Wed and Thurs' line ups excite me as much or moreso than Fri/Sat!

They've really outdone themsleves with the line up this year.

It will be an absolute pleasure to see you once again Bill as well as your g/f. I am absolutely excited beyond end with this year's line-up.

I already booked my gold badge before the VP announcement, but now that VP has joined the bill...... I am speechless. I actually feel sorry for the people that can't get into them. VP has a magical and majestic quality that I don't hear anywhere else. They are going to bring the house down.

Bryant

Looking forward to see you and the wife again Brother!:kickass:

I was on the fence about going this year despite the fact that Circus Maximus, Fates Warning and Pagan's Mind were playing. When Vanden Plas was announced that just made up my mind. The first thing I thought about was you and I up in the front row with our fanboy admiration watching in awe the greatness that is Vanden Plas.:worship:lol:
Can't wait!!!

Poundingmetal74. Looking forward to meeting ya. I guarantee you will have an incredible time. This is THE best fest I've ever been to. I've been to 1(sort of),3,5,6,7 and 8 and I can honestly say it is worth the trip.

I have some good news and some bad news regarding PPX.

The good news are that I just bought my airplane ticket and my festival ticket...the bad news is that you're all stuck with me again! :p

I expect to have my airline ticket (Delta) tomorrow, the travel agency will send it to me. And since I'm an international customer TicketBlasterofwallets hold the tickets on will call until I pick them up in September (same as in 2006).

So I hope to see all the gang for a great UMOS picture attending PPX (Bryant please no mooning :lol: )

7572-R1-20-19A-1.jpg

PPVII_14.jpg
[/IMG]
7573-R1-26-25A.jpg

7572-R1-19-18A.jpg
[/IMG]

You forgot the best one...

PPVII_27.jpg

And I expect a reprise of...

PPVII_4.jpg

And I hope no more of...

PPVII_22.jpg

Cool that there will be some more UMOS people around.
I'll find you, or you find me! Don't know if I'm working the Showcase or not (probably will) but should be stumbling around on Wednesday... :)

Cool that there will be some more UMOS people around.
I'll find you, or you find me! Don't know if I'm working the Showcase or not (probably will) but should be stumbling around on Wednesday... :)

JW if you're not available for the UMOS group picture, I personally will hunt you down backstage :p

My siblings in arms we're gonna burn Atlanta to the ground! (darn, already done in "Gone With The Wind" :loco:, well we can do the remastered version)

Just for you I will wear a kilt on Friday, just so I can easily show my ass off at any given time. :headbang:

To be honest though, you won't see any more of that. I was totally trashed that night I was mooning everyone. I got pretty hammered at PPUSAVIII as well and I ticked a couple of people off acting obnoxious and was literally sick for the Saturday night of the festival and couldn't enjoy it much at all. At 40 years old, my body can't handle that type of extreme drinking anymore.
Not that I won't be partying and having fun with ya'll mind you. In fact, I had a small party at my motel room at PPUSAIX but didn't have many of the oldschool crowd show up. I guess ya'll were having fun at your condo or something, but Shaye and Urban (Breed) roomed with Harumi and I and we had a blast. We played Metal Church "Blessing in Disguise" in it's entirety along with some other classics and new classics.

Bryant

LOL! Yeah, you're telling me. Looking forward to meeting everyone here, except Bryant. Well, Bryant too provided he keeps his pants on!

We played Metal Church "Blessing in Disguise" in it's entirety along with some other classics and new classics.

Bryant

Darn, I wish I had been there :headbang: We have to pull something similar this year.