Prog Power 09

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
FATES WARNING, BRAINSTORM, ORPHANED LAND, PAGAN'S MIND, ROYAL HUNT, ANDRE MATOS Conformed For ProgPower USA X
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 16:06:54 EST

Organizers of ProgPower USA have announced the following line-up for next year's (X) event:

Friday
POWER QUEST
TOMORROW'S EVE
DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA
SABATON
ROYAL HUNT
ANDRE MATOS

Saturday
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
ORPHANED LAND
PAGAN'S MIND
BRAINSTORM
FATES WARNING

More details including exact dates will be announced soon.

Thus far, it's a damn good line up, I'd love to go on Saturday (not overly crazy about Friday). Depending on what their line up is on Thursday, I'm likely to go. I really wanna see Brainstorm and FW.

Sabaton, Sabaton, Sabaton, I'm so fucking there!

See you there, if you go, make sure to find me & say hi, as of this year, I'm working on the crew as a guitar tech....

For whom? Or in general terms? I envy you you'll have backstage access, so damn cool :headbang:

For whom? Or in general terms? I envy you you'll have backstage access, so damn cool :headbang:

Everybody that doesn't bring their own. :)
This year I/we helped with Helloween & Gammaray, + every other festival band EXCEPT Iced Earth & Amorphis, who had their own crew. The Hellish tour had their own as well, but they wanted us around, so no biggie...:headbang:

Its quite a different perspective being on the crew,and in my case, it was a helluva lot different working for 15 bands instead of 1 or 2 at a time. I'm HONORED to be able to contribute this way...It's scratching an itch again I haven't had for a LONG time....

Cool!!!!:kickass:
Now we'll know who to give the beatdown when shit goes wrong.:lol: J/K

Congrats J-Man.

Thanks man! "We" didn't mess up anythnig this year, and the only weirdness was when Schaeffer's guitar literally fried with 1 song to go in their set. Never saw anything like it before....

...and the only weirdness was when Schaeffer's guitar literally fried with 1 song to go in their set. Never saw anything like it before.

Guitar fried? That's fudged up. I've seen amp heads (particularly tubes) fuck up a lot during shows, but never a guitar frying. Lemme guess, a short with an active pickup?

Any chance you could get any of us backstage (especially if they happen to be in a certain power metal band from Canada?) :saint: :lol:

Also, how'd you get involved with being a tech?

Damn Americans, you always get all the good metal festivals! :D

That is a good lineup indeed. Personally I'd be most stoked about Friday with Royal Hunt (even if Boals is a bit of a downgrade) and André Matos actually. I wonder is there's any special guests as it seems like it's the 10th anniversary edition... yes I'm thinking John Arch...

Might as well stop torturing myself with that thought since I won't be there anyway. :erk:

Damn Americans, you always get all the good metal festivals! :D

Being sarchastic with the moderator is not good for your health :lol:

Can you imagine any of us this side of the pond be able to attend WOA, HOA, KIT, Metal Mania, Sweden Rock, Bloodstock, etc?

WOA, HOA, KIT, Metal Mania, Sweden Rock, Bloodstock, etc?

Graspop, Mario's Metal Meeting, Dutch Doom Days, Metal Female Voices Fest, ArrowRock, Roadburn, ProgPower, Symphorce fest, Magic Circle, MetalCamp, Raise Your Fist,Gods of Metal, Metalway, Monsters of Rock, Hellfest, Bang Your Head, ProgResiste, HM Maniacs, Masters of Rock,British Steel festival, etc...etc... You are forgetting alot Wyvern :devil:

Graspop, Mario's Metal Meeting, Dutch Doom Days, Metal Female Voices Fest, ArrowRock, Roadburn, ProgPower, Symphorce fest, Magic Circle, MetalCamp, Raise Your Fist,Gods of Metal, Metalway, Monsters of Rock, Hellfest, Bang Your Head, ProgResiste, HM Maniacs, Masters of Rock,British Steel festival, etc...etc... You are forgetting alot Wyvern :devil:

Thanks Gert, that also will give lots of points with the mod :mad::p

Guitar fried? That's fudged up. I've seen amp heads (particularly tubes) fuck up a lot during shows, but never a guitar frying. Lemme guess, a short with an active pickup?

Any chance you could get any of us backstage (especially if they happen to be in a certain power metal band from Canada?) :saint: :lol:

Also, how'd you get involved with being a tech?

Since I wasn't the tech, I didn't get to do an autopsy on it. The IE tech showed it to us briefly, and there was melted/blackened wiring. I do believe that guitar (white ESP Les Paul style) did have actives in it. In all my teching in the past, I've NEVER seen anything like it before with any EMGs or Jackson acitives.

The backstage is fairly secure, and being a newb on the crew, I have no pull, but you never know. Hope to see you there next year.

As for the teching thing, I was on Program Board at the college I went to, did some pretty big shows, & I used to tech for some friend's bands back in the late 80's/early 90's. I still play and do the occasional guitar repairs/mods thing as a side job. Glenn put out up a notice on the PPUSA forum after he lost a couple techs. I sent him a resume, and got chosen for the job. I've known a lot of the crew folk for a while now, some of them were dear friends of mine before I got my shot, and hopefully they put in a good word for me. I really busted my ass this past year, and always stepped it up a notch to get the last minute, unplanned things done. Got some nice compliments (made to the stage Manager as well as Glenn) from a few of the bands as well. I did get rehired for next year, so I hope to tech for as long as the fest continues to run. I love my new crew family, and we're all in it for the same reason.