Progpower USA Showcase Announcement

JayDub, I'm going to need a bed now. Can you hook a brutha up??

Vanden F'ing Plas, indeed.

Hey Peirpont, can I room with you and Barb??

:Smokin:

Jimmy & Tom just booked recently at the Super 8.
I was Don's bitch last year, he doesn't share! :lol: :zombie:

Woo hoo! The announcement I was hoping for as I opened this thread -- VANDEN PLAS!!!!!

Excellent line-up, Shane...congrats...and thanks!!

Last year there was no showcase per se, it was a tour stop for Helloween/Gamma Ray/Manticora.

Vanden Plas - I'd start with Christ O (but as AMBR said they don't have a bad album)

Primal Fear - I have their Seven Seals album and like it a lot. I'd start with that one.

Suspyre - I think they hit on all cylinders with When Time Fades.

Future's End - That's a new band I'll be checking them out shortly. :)

Same thing...I went to the Helloween/Manticora show and it was great. That's why I'll probably go this year if I like the bands.

Thanks I'll check em out :heh:

JayDub, I'm going to need a bed now. Can you hook a brutha up??

Vanden F'ing Plas, indeed.

Hey Peirpont, can I room with you and Barb??

:Smokin:
Were you actually planning on skipping again?

I see how this works!

lol! Sorry, we're filled too. I'm sure you will be able to get a room. If they fixed the 14th St. bridge, the place (Techwood) I stayed this past year wouldn't be too bad. The price was good and the room very nice. The fact that the bridge was out absolutely sucked though. I'm sure it will be done by September (or have I been hanging with Michael Phelps too much ;) )?

Edit: Oh yeah... great job on the lineup!

we are very stoked to be on the bill.
we are in the process of finishing our debut album for nightmare records.

I sure as hell hope you guys get it out soon! I am listening to your samples on MySpace right now, and they friggan kick some serious ass! I will most definitely will have to get your album.

As an aside - I went and checked eMusic to see if you guys just may be on there. Well, what'll you know - there is another band called Future's End that is on there - not anything like you guys (plus you guys are WAY better than that "other" Future's End :headbang: )

As far as the rest of the line-up - Yeah FUCK yeah!!!! I saw Primal Fear at PP7 and thought they were awesome, so will be a treat to see them again. Of course, VANDEN PLAS!!! I was also one of the ones that was majorly bummed that they got cancelled the last time, so I am really stoked to finally get to see them. And of course Suspyre. I saw them last Summer up at Allentown when they played with Dark Empire, Cypher Seer and Odin's Court, and really enjoyed them. The lead singer (Clay?) could not believe I drove all the way up there to see them. He was saying things like "I could not believe you came up all this way to see us. That really means a lot to me". Hey, I just wanting to show my support and looking forward to seeing you guys again!.

Congrats on securing a great lineup, Shane! I'm happy you bribed the TSA and arranged for VP to return to the Showcase, and I suppose a little work had to be done for Primal Fear as well since they almost were hung up in customs last year as well, IIRC. I'm thrilled that PF is coming back as they blew me away last year. I'm going to have to do some more research on Suspyre and Future's End (but I like what I'm hearing on Myspace right now!)

I wonder where PF's tour will take them...

Who am I kidding, probably straight from Center Stage to Jaxx to BB Kings or vice versa...

Actually they are playing the night before in Florida at Bourbon St (Pt St Richie,just north of Tampa)
I was kinda tipped off 2 weeks ago when my fried told me they had PF that night,put 1 and 1 together.
hmmmmm..........
Nope,I'm still headed up Wed,