Prog Power X

There are still tix availabe to the Wed. party as well for those that fly in that day.

PPX tix- check
flight tix - check
wed. tix- check
thurs tix- check

Now all I need is Sept. to be here!!!:Smokin:

Spent the last couple of days listening to Primal Fear. Soon I'll move on to Vanden Plas. I know their Far Off Grace album and Live album really well, but don't know anything past that beyond their single off Chrsit O.

Spent the last couple of days listening to Primal Fear. Soon I'll move on to Vanden Plas. I know their Far Off Grace album and Live album really well, but don't know anything past that beyond their single off Chrsit O.

Everyone has different tastes, but I would definitely gamble that if you like the earlier Vanden Plas, you will probably like the later Vanden Plas even more. They have matured over the years and although the band has become just a touch more mellow, the songwriting and musicianship has improved more than enough to compensate. "Silently," which is a track from "Christ0" release, might be the best song they have ever written in my ears though it is hard to choose. Talk about a contrast........ the song is very heavy in parts, then gets really mellow in parts, but they are able to fit it together perfectly. They are my favorite band, so I have many songs I like by them though. Hope you enjoy thei stuff.

Bryant

FOG is their "heaviest" if you will, but without overly repeating myself, they have simply just gotten better and better. Before Beyond Daylight came out, I thought there was no way VP could top FOG. They surprised me and did. The same happened when they released "Christ 0." I thought there was no way they could top BD. Yet again, they proved me wrong. Give both "Christ 0" and "Beyond Daylight" a spin. They are both very high quality releases. Certainly, they aren't for everyone, but I hope you enjoy them.

Bryant

Bryant

You have got to be FRIGGIN' kidding me!!! Vanden Plas gets denied AGAIN? The United States government is determined
to make sure that I NEVER get to see this band!!!!

I don't get it why they get denied ?? The government must have some kind of explanation or reason mentioned why not to let these bands into the US?? Normally when travelling to the US we have no problems in getting Visas at all here (except for the obvious reasons if you have a criminal record or are a registered terrorist :)

Here I can rant (at the PPX forum I just had to play nice). FUCK INS (or whatever is called now the immigration office)! Why in hell those dimwits can understand what an artist does? It's not like given a potential terrorist or drug lord a visa, they're musicians for crying out loud. They're not potential illegal workers, they're not coming to take away people's jobs.

Hey Gert, how many USA bands play at KIT, HOA, WOA, etc? What would be if the EC also begin to deny visas to American bands?

Shit I work for the damn government here and I know how square, useless, arrogant and inefficient bureaucrats can be, but this is beyond any reasoning. I can put a bunch of retarded bacterias to do the job and they would do it better I'm sure :yell::mad:

And I'm gonna miss Matos, that was one of the reasons to go to the show for me. If Glenn continues with the festival I think I'm not gonna go again after this one. It's damn too risky to buy everything so many months before just to get dissapointed in the final lap. I know it's NOT Glenn's fault, he's the victim (as well as we are), but to me it's a lot of money to gamble.

That sucks donkey balls for the bands who were denied entry (for myself, Vanden Plas). However, I'm frigging STOCKED that CRIMSON GLORY and CAGE are playing. :worship:

Do Canadians need also a visa to play in USA? Because we can propose Final Stage for the showcase :headbang:

Yup, we need Visas. It's such a pain in the ass to play in the US. It's why we never do shows over there despite living 5 minutes from the border.

Now I understand more the ordeal Glenn passes every year with PPUSA, if Canadians have problems imagine bring a band from Brazil, Germany, Finland, Sweden, etc.?

So much for globalization...:erk:

I too am disappointed in the recent turn of events and have been working all morning on drafting a letter to the Senator, Congressional reps. and the Mayor. Why is this happening? Why is it these government workers have the sole power to deny a visa to a working and touring band? Utter bullshit!

Glenn works hard to provide a festival that brings Atlanta a lot of tourism/tax dollars...I certainly have the utmost respect for him and Shane.

I'm happy with the replacement announcements, however still sucks I miss Vanden Plas AGAIN and definately Andre Matos.

The "once in a lifetime show" from Crimson Glory sounds intriguing. Hope somebody's taping it!