Prog Power X

The "once in a lifetime show" from Crimson Glory sounds intriguing. Hope somebody's taping it!

Actually if you go to the PPUSA forum there is a thread by the band where they actually confirm they're gonna record the show and make a DVD.

I can't convey my emotions in text. It has been a few days since I heard the news, but I fucked up tonight and drank a bunch of beer and put on the Goos on top of it. I understand not everybody likes VP, but I can tell you that they are one of the few prog metal bands that sound every bit as good if not better live than on disc. There were four bands that had to be removed from PPUSA because of Visa bullshit, yet VP is the one people are bitching about most. There is a reason for that.

Bryant

I understand not everybody likes VP, but I can tell you that they are one of the few prog metal bands that sound every bit as good if not better live than on disc. There were four bands that had to be removed from PPUSA because of Visa bullshit, yet VP is the one people are bitching about most. There is a reason for that.

Yup, I'm totally pissed buddy (at the government, not Glenn). Was really looking forward to them. For myself though, I'm much happier to see CG and Cage. I've heard Mindflow's awesome too.

I'm really hoping they add Dream Evil, Edguy or Krucible to the Thursday show. At least Primal Fear is still playing that night.

i guess i just don't understand...when presented with a band, their website, reviews, tour logs, albums, and a festival with a 10 year history that has had many of the bands asking for visas already play...

i dont get how someone looks at that and says "Vanden Plas from Germany to play metal at ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta!! WHAT A HOAX"

I heard mention of an old school band replacing VP in this situation.
It wasn't etched in stone, and I will not give out hints! :)
If all goes well, it will be VERY cool....

If it's Riot then you're in for a treat! :kickass:

For my tastes the lineup actually got a lot better after these cancellations. No, I'm not attending but just saying...

I hope so, I really hope so. Still I know a lot of fans will never accept to have VP replaced by anything. Since I'm not fan of them I don't have a problem, mine is Matos absence so I understand perfectly their feellings and the whole mess for Glenn and Shane.

I won't mind Motorhead at the festival :p

please Eddie Please DO NOT let it be steel panther:puke:

KRISTY! :mad::mad::mad:

You don't even think about that, not even as a joke to oneself :ill:

Besides knowing JW when he talks about an old school band it's most probably Freak Kitchen :lol:

I hope Tsorl prediction is right, Riot will be an authentic riot if they show up :headbang:

KRISTY! :mad::mad::mad:

You don't even think about that, not even as a joke to oneself :ill:

Besides knowing JW when he talks about an old school band it's most probably Freak Kitchen :lol:

I hope Tsorl prediction is right, Riot will be an authentic riot if they show up :headbang:

No, I wouldn't call FK old school... :p

I'd love to see 'em. Though, granted, you're from LA and can see them any time you want. Had their CD cranked the other day, fantastic release. Great production and it's funny as hell. Even if they wrote more "serious" lyrics, it would still be good.

It wouldn't be so bad if they changed their setlist and b.s. comments from time to time. IMO he tries to hard to live up to that Diamond Dave b.s. chatter and I walked out on VH several times in the past 'cuz Dave wouldn't STFU and play!:lol: