Prog Power X

Oh god, another band I've gotta research now. I've never even heard of these guys and they're taking Vanden Plas' spot.

They are a good band, very proggy, and a good choice to replace VP, imo. The rumour I heard was Tetstament, which would have rocked nads combined with Primal Fear. It only goes to show that nothing is etched in stone until an official announcement is made.... :)Not to mention, last minute booking for something like this has to be a major PITA. Kudos to Shane for a job well done!

I spoke too soon. These guys are damn good. Reminds me of Symphony X meets Fates Warning (not to mention the singer sounds quite a bit like Alder).

Amazed me that they've been around as long as they have and I've never even heard of them until today, which is a rarity considering the amount of reading on metal I do.

Enchant was one of the old Magna Carta records bands. They came along with Magellan, Shadow Gallery, Royal Hunt and others. I never paid attention to them, maybe now it's the time. I would have preferred another (heavier) metal band but they'll do fine in this situation at least for my interest.

@ Dubya: many spoke of Testament at the moment. It'll have been sweet for me obviously, but from the viewpoint of the festival and showcase musical tendency Forte would had been better.

Enchant was one of the old Magna Carta records bands. They came along with Magellan, Shadow Gallery, Royal Hunt and others. I never paid attention to them, maybe now it's the time.

I think it is. :) Enchant are brilliant. I especially like their 'Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10' album. They are very under appreciated and I am happy to hear they are getting a chance to play prog-power US.

I think it is. :) Enchant are brilliant. I especially like their 'Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10' album. They are very under appreciated and I am happy to hear they are getting a chance to play prog-power US.

Thanks for the hint. I ws wondering (if the band got me right live) what album to start with. I'll follow your recommendation :kickass: