Prog Power X

Aha...:Smug:

The way I see it I have to arrive on the 9th but I'm gonna skip the show and the karaoke (Queensryche bores me). The showcase will rule with Primal Fear so it's a go, and Sabaton and Matos will do for the festival (and some others band will worth to check).

I have to check the plane fares and availability before March 7th, that will decide the go or not.

As unique Sabaton is, they are terrible. I like the talent of the band but they can't compose for shit. All their songs sound alike.

As unique Sabaton is, they are terrible. I like the talent of the band but they can't compose for shit. All their songs sound alike.

You're entitled to your own opinion. Taste is a matter of subjectivity, but in no way their songs sound all alike. They compose pretty well and so far are the best band in PPX not to mention one of the best bands in metal in the last 10 years. :worship:

Depending on how much I drink during the ryche-tribute show and if it's not toast from yelling out all the lyrics to every song, I may dabble in the Karaoke thing afterwords.

Hopefully I can get my ZLZ stuff signed by the members as well.

You're entitled to your own opinion. Taste is a matter of subjectivity, but in no way their songs sound all alike. They compose pretty well and so far are the best band in PPX not to mention one of the best bands in metal in the last 10 years. :worship:

There are LOADS of metal bands including power metal or prog power bands much better than Sabaton... Especially from that era range

There are LOADS of metal bands including power metal or prog power bands much better than Sabaton... Especially from that era range

If we stuck with PPX that statement above applies to you but not me, again is a matter of taste and totally subjective.

In general terms yes there are better bands like Wolf, but Sabaton is not that much below in the scale. And since most of the classic bands are losing fuel and many of the new bands suffer from that disease you point in Sabaton: boring composition (but of course that's my viewpoint and as subjective as yours), I stay by my ground.

I'll give TAOW a listen. Some bands when they release a new album completely change their style.

Edit: Scratch that... Broden can indeed sing, It's just the song structure.

After listening to TAOW I feel they still sound liek the same ld boring shit -_- no offense. That band needs work.

I would have to agree, I can't make it through a Sabaton album in one sit.

To me it's the other way around. They have got me at first bite since their debut. I don't need to spin it a bit more to see if it's grows on me, it just does it from the start.

And to me they're not generic at least not like Helloween sounds now or some other power bands that are really cliche.

To me it's the other way around. They have got me at first bite since their debut. I don't need to spin it a bit more to see if it's grows on me, it just does it from the start.

And to me they're not generic at least not like Helloween sounds now or some other power bands that are really cliche.

I think the new helloween kicks ass. Andi Daris changed the band completely when he joined for the greater good.

So to change the subject slightly, who's all going to the Wed & Thurs shows?

I'm going for sure. Still I don't know about Wednesday totally since my plane arrives 19:00 Atlanta time, so after clear inmigration and customs and the travel from the airport...dunno and I have to look for Wheezer of Kitty to direct me to the resting place to leave my luggage. I'm gonna join despite being all about Queensryche because of the fun of it all with the gang.

As for Thursday it's definitively a must be for me because of Primal Fear. I still have to buy in June the ticket of course.

I think the new helloween kicks ass. Andi Daris changed the band completely when he joined for the greater good.

He did undoubtedly until TDR. Aftewards the band lost their path completely becoming followers not leaders. The albums since Grapow and Kusch departed are below average with maybe 1-2 good songs and the rest fillers.
I saw them live here on the KOTSK-TL tour and I was by the main soundboard and barely 2 m from Weikath and the music was alright but the show was kind of silly, I enjoyed much more the Hammerfall "Chapter V" tour concert.

Helloween never was a leading power band. They were an inventive band... Least from what I Know. Now Stratovarius is a leading band on the other hand.

So to change the subject slightly, who's all going to the Wed & Thurs shows?

I'll be at Wed for sure, and that just might be my only extended social time, Thursday depends on if I'm working, or not, probably will be. Look forward to meeting everybody, and nice to see some of the return-ees as well! :kickass:

I'll be at Wed for sure, and that just might be my only extended social time, Thursday depends on if I'm working, or not, probably will be. Look forward to meeting everybody, and nice to see some of the return-ees as well! :kickass:

John, I know you have a hard work ahead those days, but you must show one day at least for the UMOS group pic session. I''m giving you distant early warning :p

^^^^ has been stashing Zappa goodies for a certain someone!! You must find me this year!:headbang:

Oh, I'll find ya regardless! I owe ya a big condolences hug for your rough year. It'll be great to see you & the gang this year!

John, I know you have a hard work ahead those days, but you must show one day at least for the UMOS group pic session. I''m giving you distant early warning :p

Dare I ask, or else? :heh: Seriously though, we will find each other and coordinate something. Worst case, give me a time/place, and I'll take an extended potty break! :lol:
;)