PP USA XV Band Sponsors

Holy SHIT!!! Sponsoring STRATOVARIUS!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thank you yet again for allowing Steve and I to sponsor a band. As many of you know, Stratovarius is what brought us to PP USA to begin with back in 2005. We are VERY PROUD to sponsor them in 2014! :headbang: :kickass:

Dave is so correct on here. The main (and practically ONLY) reason that I initially went to ProgPower was because I wanted to see Stratovarius. The rest of the bands that time was just a bonus, especially since I've not heard of to many of them at the time. I was just only discovering this whole ProgPower thing at the time, after having gotten so tired of the crap that was being shoveled out on the radio.

In fact, there was one aspect of this story that I never really thought of until now. I knew about Stratovarius playing at ProgPower before I learned that they were also playing at Jaxx. Now that I think about it, had I known about the Jaxx show before ProgPower, would I have even bothered to go to ProgPower?

Interesting that this has pretty much come full circle for me. Stratovarius was and is still one of my all-time favorite bands, so getting to actually sponsor them, I am friggan beside myself here! That is going to be a long year to be waiting for this. Well, at least I have the Fates Warning show in November, the upcoming holidays to be spending with my brother, and a trip to Vail, CO as well as the skiing to be looking forward to keep me tide over at least through the winter.

EDIT: I got so excited that I had to go throw my copy of Nemesis on the rig and crank the shit out of it!

I am delighted to be a co-sponsor of Jon Oliva's Pain. I couldn't think of a better use of a little $. Thanks to all the other sponsors, and Glenn and Jen for making such an awesome line-up a reality.

As a long term supporter, via the GB program, the sponsor process has mysteriously eluded me. I've been interested for years but often the list is full before given the opportunity. I would like to know more...I don't care if it's for PPXX...I've BEEN interested, just oddly enough never in the loop:loco:.

(PS..I don't spend my waking moments on forums anymore...this might be why....):zzz:

As a long term supporter, via the GB program, the sponsor process has mysteriously eluded me. I've been interested for years but often the list is full before given the opportunity. I would like to know more...I don't care if it's for PPXX...I've BEEN interested, just oddly enough never in the loop:loco:.

(PS..I don't spend my waking moments on forums anymore...this might be why....):zzz:

At the risk of stealing Glenn's thunder, this is my own experience with it.

It appears the sponsor program works pretty much like the GB program, but a bit more exclusive than the GBs. Seems that Glenn will offer sponsorship opportunity to existing sponsors and after that, if there are any openings left, then he posts it publicly to the forum. After that, once he seems to get enough bids to satisfy him, he will close it and accept no more. That could be anywhere from a couple days to weeks depending on number of bids and interest during that particular year. That is how I managed to get in for PP X. I saw a post (plus a lot of asking around in the meantime) asking for sponsorship bids and I jumped on it as soon as possible. Good thing I did because if I recall correctly, it closed within a week afterwards. Seems that this year, with such a strong lineup (and with some fairly strong prospects/rumors that this could very well be it) pretty much all of the existing sponsors opted to continue with the program, at least as an attempt to keep this thing going. As you can see in this thread, we are pretty damn excited to get the bands we got. Hell, I am friggan STOKED to get Stratovarius!!!!

With that being said, if by chance, you do get an opportunity to sponsor, JUMP ON IT!!! To me, it has been worth every cent. Just hoping that there will BE a ProgPower XX!

^^^ What HE said. :)

I've been a sponsor longer than anyone, and it's been one of the most personally satisfying things I've ever done. In part because I'm helping a good -- and scrupukously honest -- friend named Glenn to realize his dream, but also because his dream makes so many people happy year after year.

--And you just never know when history will happen, either. (Specifically thinking of sponsoring Nightwish, there.)