sean-intense

Voice of INTENSE
Sep 9, 2002
UK
www.intense-uk.com
PROGPOWER UK II
Saturday 31st March 2007
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE – 30th May 2006

It is with great pleasure that we can formally announce that ProgPower UK will return for a second edition on Saturday 31st March 2007, at the Centaur, Cheltenham, England.

After all the fantastic feedback we had, the positive reviews, the deluge of e-mails, and the massive support we received for ProgPower UK 2006, there was no real choice. We had to do it again. We’ll be keeping the same fantastic venue, the same number of bands, the video screens, the metal market, the same production team and staff. All the good stuff!

We will also be keeping to our promise of bringing some of the best progressive and power metal bands from all over the world to Cheltenham for another truly international lineup. We hope you will be able to give us your support.

A new website will be launched very soon, and tickets will be on sale at 09:00am BST on 1st July 2006. The first 100 sold will become Platinum Pass holders for PPUK 2007, with a membership card, early access to the venue, a free event programme (worth £5) and 10% off all official festival merchandise.

Keep checking www.progpoweruk.com forum for the latest details. We are in negotiations with several bands, and the first confirmations are due any time now…
icon_cool.gif

Regards,
THE PROGPOWER UK TEAM

On another, very sad note, Sean is no longer part of the ProgPower UK organisation. This is his official statement:

“..PPUK 2006 was a lot of fun and a great achievement for Jon and myself. Unfortunately I will be unable to help out with any future Prog Powers due to extra
commitments both in my personal life (I have another son on the way
icon_biggrin.gif
) and with Intense, as we head out on tour from October in support of our new album “ As Our Army Grows” and plan to play a lot more shows than we have in recent times. We already have shows booked in 2 countries we’ve never played before and I can see this increasing… as the anticipation for the new album grows..
I always like to give 100% to everything I do but there’s only so much time in a day and my family and the band are my higher priorities …
So, I leave PPUK in Jon’s capable hands and I’m sure that he and his wife Wendy will ensure the shows success in 2007 and onwards, I’ll be there for sure..”

Sean Hetherington