PQ in southampton?

nhmusicman

New Metal Member
Jun 19, 2006
Southampton, UK
I missed the Southampton Nexus show last Nov (gutted) but saw the Koko gig with Helloween, awesome!!

I notice that Dragon Force are playing the Southampton Guildhall in Nov.... any chance PQ are playing too?

I am right in thinking PQ are southampton based aren't I??

Well you are kind of right dude! hehe! I (Steve W) live in Southampton and run the band from here but, Steve S lives in London and the rest of the guys live in Italy.

I doubt very much whether we will be doing this tour as last time we were told we weren't big enough to support DF! hehe!

Glad you enjoyed the Koko show though....we sure did!

Not big enough? Thats well harsh!!!

I hope you do get the chance cos it'd be the best gig ever if both got play together here.... esp as i work at the guildhall :)

....but yes, PQ to headline here for sure

Esp on Steve W's home turf.... :)

dragonwarrior said:
Actually, even on the DF forums i've made clear my preference of Power Quest ;)

Aye I know mate.

And I know you what you mean Han. That was beacuse road runner wanted to promote Mendeed, so they threw them on the Dragonforce bandwagon. Can't think why. :cry: I'm normally tolerant of inferior music, but they really were a waste of time.

dragonwarrior said:
You may not be as big... but Power Quest are easily better than Dragonforce.

Tchya of course! Better band, better attitute, better songs, and Children of the Dream SLAYS anything Dragonforce have done!

Symphony said:
Well you are kind of right dude! hehe! I (Steve W) live in Southampton and run the band from here but, Steve S lives in London and the rest of the guys live in Italy.

Wooah! How does that work with Practicing/Writing??

Good question! hehe! We only ever practice before a tour....for example, we had 3 hours before the Pagans Mind tour and 5 before Helloween..lol!

Writing...well...we write individually and then send stuff to each other to work on....not the norm I know!

nhmusicman said:
Not big enough? Thats well harsh!!!

I hope you do get the chance cos it'd be the best gig ever if both got play together here.... esp as i work at the guildhall :)

....but yes, PQ to headline here for sure

Esp on Steve W's home turf.... :)

You work at the Guildhall? I work in the basement of the Civic centre in the IT department

Symphony said:
Good question! hehe! We only ever practice before a tour....for example, we had 3 hours before the Pagans Mind tour and 5 before Helloween..lol!

Writing...well...we write individually and then send stuff to each other to work on....not the norm I know!

Ha ha amazing! I suppose it's easy enough with Guitar Pro etc..

It may be a bit strange, but the results are certainly very nice!

I think I'll give the rest of my band plane tickets at our next practise and see if that makes us any better!