practice,work your ass off...!

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
if you are a vocalist, what songs do you sing or practice with?as for myself i'm practicing my growls and i've improved too much since i tried mainstream and mellow songs...it works great i guess...

I would do something Tagtgren style.

Wait....

I couldn't do that stuff no matter how much I practiced. I forgot.

i practice toad the wet sprocket song with my headphones on and my roomates screaming for silence... im no volcalist but hell, who cares!

when I was a singer I practised singing morbid angel "blessed are the sick" cd all the way through every single day......and Deicide "Deicide" cd too.....untill I would get sick.....didnt do much for my actual singing voice.....but I wasnt much of an actual singer either......:)

I like singing along to Hypocrisy, Opeth, Enslaved...anything with a mix of growls, screams and cleans....it helps a lot...builds up your vox...at least for me.

I'm a semi-pro classic Death Metal growler, and a hobby clean vocalist. I mostly practice a lot of stuff that suits my voice like Malevolent Creation, Dismember, Bolt Thrower, Novembers Doom etc. Sometimes I go for something nuts like Psycroptic to develop my voice.

When I do clean vocs it's usually emotional stuff like Anathema, Antimatter, Porcupine Tree, Riverside etc.

NP: Edge of Sanity - Twilight

@no reply: sorry i'm not gonna comment on vocalist stuff etc... but i've just noticed your sig, so i couldn't help but ask you... where on earth did you find that, did you try to write it yourself or what? :zombie:

°scarlet° said:
@no reply: sorry i'm not gonna comment on vocalist stuff etc... but i've just noticed your sig, so i couldn't help but ask you... where on earth did you find that, did you try to write it yourself or what? :zombie:
yeah i'm taking italian lessons , i dont know wheter if it's wrong or not, can u please let me know?lol

no_reply said:
yeah i'm taking italian lessons , i dont know wheter if it's wrong or not, can u please let me know?lol

it's messed up quite a bit, but i appreciate the effort. :loco:

well, first of all, i'm not sure what precisely you wanted to say using guasto, it's right as a word, but doesn't make sense in that context. the i after desiderio doesn't make sense either (it's unnecessary).
scopato is, *cough,* used only and exclusively in physical sense. (for a figurative use, which is this one here, you have to use, *cough* fottuto).
the rest is more or less ok, with some corrections though:
ora non ho niente per cui morire, per cui vivere, sono fottuto e non sono degno di vivere.

the lesson's over. :p

haha thanx! yay i suck....but i guess i'm doing great since it's just my fifth lesson.....btwy i'm moving over there to italy next year...that's the main reason why i'm taking this lessons...thanx!

one thing i've learned screaming all these years is that the people who can scream high have the strongest voices all around. ive been screaming my ass off since ive been 13 years old. my EXPERIENCE has been that if you start out low youll just end up..not hurting yourself but losing strength...and starting with actual singing moving onto regular pitched (for you voice) screaming and then going up and down from there is the best thing you can do. probably everyone in this forum hates this band but if you want to practice screaming to singing real quick and back again listen to nothingface. An Audio Guide to Everyday Atrocity. you'll learn alot about breathing and ear-notes from that. jumping strait into death metal or anything is like jumping into an acid bath without a suit. but with time a suit will eventually fade but you get used to it. if that made sense.

well i dont know if i am the right person to give advices and especially to brutal vocalists but as i am a claasical singing student i wanna help you at least
a good tip is the management of your body
you should breath really well and reach the point that you get dizzy because of the exta oxygen...then you should take a breath and at the same time to bring your tammy inside but without lifting your chest.After that try to say the vocal expression (brutal or not) by "hitting" in a way your diafragma.this way any song could be easier even for brutal vocalists cause the voice has strenght and power.This way you wont get any dammage at your throat

anyway these are some classical methods :D I hope that i helped at least a little :D

Drk4fearofailure said:
one thing i've learned screaming all these years is that the people who can scream high have the strongest voices all around. ive been screaming my ass off since ive been 13 years old. my EXPERIENCE has been that if you start out low youll just end up..not hurting yourself but losing strength...and starting with actual singing moving onto regular pitched (for you voice) screaming and then going up and down from there is the best thing you can do. probably everyone in this forum hates this band but if you want to practice screaming to singing real quick and back again listen to nothingface. An Audio Guide to Everyday Atrocity. you'll learn alot about breathing and ear-notes from that. jumping strait into death metal or anything is like jumping into an acid bath without a suit. but with time a suit will eventually fade but you get used to it. if that made sense.
yeah when i mentioned mainstream bands i was thinking on lamb of god, nothingface(blueskin),chimaira and stuff, their growls are good though their music not that much....