practise time - kataklysm-as i slither- DI files inside

Awesome song...many thanks for uploading this, i coulnd't stand the rose DIs anymore =D
I instantly had to try this with my Trivium chain. Sounds a bit too modern for this but it's ok.
I would like to know what Guitar and bass you used? First time i got a bass tone out of a DI i like...

here is my try:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7625817/sneap/audio/Kataklysm_-_As_I Slither_Cover.mp3

guitar is an esp ltd viper 407 (seven string) with emg´s.
bass is a cheap 5-string. pasadena is the brand. 100 bucks on ebay. ;)

cool mix btw. but you need a noise gate on the guitars. otherwise it sound great. oldschoolish drums

there is already a noise gate on the guitar :D does it still not react fast enough in the section with the little guitar breaks or where do you hear some noise?

Thanks for uploading these files dude. Here's my try - I'm not 100% keen on the snare/tom sounds but it took all of about two hours. I also struggled matching the MIDI to the cymbals in SD so it may not be 100% correct:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for uploading these files dude. Here's my try - I'm not 100% keen on the snare/tom sounds but it took all of about two hours. I also struggled matching the MIDI to the cymbals in SD so it may not be 100% correct:

guitar tone sounds great. what was used on this?

Let me know what you guys think :D Feedback is very much appreciated!!! Awesome cover btw! And the vocals are pretty awesome too!

Let me know what you guys think :D Feedback is very much appreciated!!! Awesome cover btw! And the vocals are pretty awesome too!

some notes on the midi drums are missing. whole mix needs more lowend and balance. kick is too quiet for my taste. vocals sound great but tad too loud.

some notes on the midi drums are missing. whole mix needs more lowend and balance. kick is too quiet for my taste. vocals sound great but tad too loud.

Hmm... Okay thanks man! I was trying out a lot of new techniques and it seems you had the same impression I had about it now that I listen again. The midi drums thing was an accident though... I knew something wasn't quite right haha.