Pre-production demos of Bath/LYBM (aka free fuct sounding mp3s)

FalseTodd

Skirt Wizard
Jul 31, 2002
Boston nee San Diego
www.kayodot.net
I just dug out some old demos that Toby and I made for Bath/LYBM in the college studio. Kind of interesting to hear on account of the different arrangements. "Beautifull" is mostly the same, but "Stones" and "Birth Pains" have some pretty big changes.

"Beautifull" is particularly embarassing for me. Big fuckups.

To answer the immediate question "Why do the drums sound cleaner than the drums on My Fruit...?": Better microphones.

They Aren't All Beautifull. (AKA worst drumming EVA)

Stones of Octobre's Sobbing

Birth Pains of Astral Projection

Just listened to the Beautifull demo...actually, I think the drums are quite passable. Far from perfect, but overall keep the time very well. Don't know what your complaining about...;)

those tracks seriously own. I like them just as much as the album versions.

but what's up with the groovy bit at the end of Stones? (it almost feels like r & b)

why don't you post here old demos? at least songs that don't have better versions in any of the latest albuns, I mean, really new material.

the only copies of the first demo are on tape. so some conversion would be necessary. also, the tape quality has probably degraded signifigantly since we made the tapes in 1996.

what i would like to have on mp3 or cd is that song toby and i recorded by ourselves on the four track in 1995 called "Uncovering the Gift". We used it as a "bonus track" to certain copies of Through Languid Veins.

that shit was off da hook

!!!!! \m/ :headbang: wow. I can honestly say I've never been so floored by music before. :zombie:

the solo at about 2:30 to 3:30.
shocked.gif
the whole song, it's got this deep and dark mythopoetic vibe about it, exactly what i love so much about my fruit. thanks for posting that.