Pre Progpower Haul

DarkOne

Black Belt in Sarcasm
May 2, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
As usual, PP brings up a bunch of bands for me to check out. I just ordered the following CDs. I skipped Brainstorm for now. I'll see how they are live, and then run out and buy CDs (like I did with Threshold and Pagan's Mind).

With that in mind, I ordered (from Century, The End, AND CD Universe)

Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion
Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi
Dreamscape - End Of Silence
Wuthering Heights – Far From The Madding Crown

I also ordered these:

Evergrey : Inner Circle
Dragonforce : Sonic Firestorm
Edguy - Hellfire Club
Pink Cream 69 – Thunderdome
Dio - Killing The Dragon
Tesla - Into The Now
Praying Mantis - Nowhere To Hide
Joe Satriani: Extremist

Y & T : Ten
Black Sabbath : Tyr
Alice Cooper : Raise Your Fist And Yell

The last three are on sale at CDUNIVERSE for $5 or $6 each. Man, PP costs me a lot of money. Luckily, I already have everything by Savatage, and am waiting for the 'Tage Mahjal.

BTW, I have Remedy Lane by Pain of Salvation. Which CD should I get next from them?

Steve

Quite a haul, Steve...

Grab POS' The Perfect Element, which is the album before Remedy Lane.

Also...very cool acquiring Ten and Tyr...very classic albums.

Hey man, don't count out Brainstorm if you like a little Teutonic flavored Power Metal. Their Metus Mortis albums and Soul Temptation albums are great and should be all you need...

Rock on, brother!

DarkOne said:
Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion
Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi
Dreamscape - End Of Silence
Wuthering Heights – Far From The Madding Crown

I also ordered these:

Evergrey : Inner Circle
Dragonforce : Sonic Firestorm
Edguy - Hellfire Club
Pink Cream 69 – Thunderdome
Dio - Killing The Dragon
Tesla - Into The Now
Praying Mantis - Nowhere To Hide
Joe Satriani: Extremist

Y & T : Ten
Black Sabbath : Tyr
Alice Cooper : Raise Your Fist And Yell

Steve
Nice haul.. very nice haul. The new Tesla album is impressive. I'm happy to see lots of new hard rock albums coming out. Raise Your Fist Andd Yell is one of my top albums from the Coop, Roses On Whilte Lace is one of my favorite songs by him, maybe that's cause I just went through a divorce.. hmm, I'll have to think on that one.

I still can't get into the Into Eternity disc.. It sounds like it'll come across great live though.

As for PoS listen to the others, get The Perfect Element part 1, next.

I also grabbed that Tad Morose disc...good stuff so far.

I ordered that tad morose disc from the end. and they charged me for it. then it never came, and they put the $13 or so back on my card, and said they ran out. and i emailed them and they said they would restock really soon. and they never have. those bastards

It sounds like "Perfect Element" is the unanimous choice. Thanks guys, I'll pick that up next. Of course, I try not to order CDs more than once every few months. It can get very addicitive.

As for Brainstorm, I'm not counting them out. I just haven't heard much by them. Perhaps I'll go on Kazaa and see if I can download a few songs and decide if I'd want to buy the CDs.

Steve

Same thing happened to me, with The End, with an Ozric Tentacles double-live CD. ($10 magically appeared back on my card and it wasn't in my order, and sho' 'nuff, it's been removed from their catalog.) Oh, well, I had a feeling it was too good to be true. :hotjump: