Preamp lineout -> interface input

Williamn

Aug 4, 2009
Ireland - Denmark
Erm, so I was kinda wondering when I go from the line out of my thd hotplate, should it go into a instrument input or a normal line input on my profire 2626 ?.
I would test it myself, but im not gonna be around my recording setup for a few days.. so thought I would ask here :)

Oh I see.. so far I have been running it into the instrument input.. kinda looking forward to hearing how it will sound in the Line input then.
Thanks alot for the reply.

I had a very similar question but i was curious about the savage going directly into my interface. I tried the XLR out wich has some sort of 4 by 12 emulation but sounds like dog shit. So should i keep the head plugged into the cab for a load, but then run the FX loop send into an input on my Interface? Turning the FX loop Knob all the way up? I didnt see anything In the Impulse FAQ on that well mabey i did with someones 5150 But i just want to be 100% sure before I go and do something stupid and break it. Im really interested in comparing the savage with impulses with the new LE456.