EVH 5150iii Preamp Out Question

I'm a modern Picasso

yHsOn8j.png

On a scale of 1 to 1,000,000 how safe is this? 1 being "Don't ever do this" and 1,000,000 being "OMG like so totally safe, beitch"

Also I have this irrational fear that if I touch the exposed wires I'll be electrocuted to death.
Just like when I was little and my parents car's sun visor had an airbag warning on it. I thought if I pulled the visor down the airbag would go off. Didn't pull it down for months.

@Jaymz I have the 100W. If you plug the return with a dummy plug (twisted off at the end) you can crank the volume and it will stay at the same volume as if it were at 0 (which can still be faintly heard, but barely).

This seems to be quite an old conversation but I hope I would still get some clarification to this issue since I would really like to try my EVH 5150III 100W head for silent recording purposes. Since I'm not that skilled in electronics I want to be 100% sure that I do things correctly and not do any damage to my amp. So is this the only way to do it by using a described dummy plug (twisted off at the end)? I mean could I just insert this kind of adapter to return or would it damage the amp?

https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Audio-...=1501741806&sr=8-3&keywords=headphone+adapter

On a scale of 1 to 1,000,000 how safe is this? 1 being "Don't ever do this" and 1,000,000 being "OMG like so totally safe, beitch"

Also, I have this irrational fear that if I touch the exposed wires I'll be electrocuted to death.
Just like when I was little and my parent's car's sun visor had an airbag warning on it. I thought if I pulled the visor down the airbag would go off. Didn't pull it down for months.
That's called shorted out, first time hearing term - twisted off. It's the same principle kill-switch use on guitar - by shorting out a signal to ground.
Since I'm not all knowing in electronics but know for sure you can do it at least 1 time :D
I'd say it's 800,00 safe since roflsaurusrex have done it.
Also I'd suggest recording from FX send into instrument input because preamp out is supposed to give a signal to power-amp and depending from preamp it can give W more than the interface can handle + line-in is mainly supposed to receive balanced TRS cable and certain low impedance signal when instrument input supposed to receive unbalanced hi-impedance signal, like guitars and pedals (FX send & return is treated as pedal out/ in).
P.S. don't leave exposed wires, that's why electric isolation tapes are made for and you won't get electrocuted.