Predictions for 2003...

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
What do you guys think the highlights of 2003 could be....

Demons & Wizards - Both Jon and Hansi could be at the top of their game, so the D&W follow up could be even more astounding...

Savatage - Rumours abound on Jeff Waters collaborating on the next album...? Could that be (very) wishful thinking?

Edguy - Double Live Album next April....Holy Shadows!!

Any others? :)

Annihilator - 2 albums to be released worldwide, A Double Live album (Double Live Annihilation) and a studio album (unnamed), re-release of Waking the Fury for North America, Possibly North American tour.

:headbang: :headbang:

dont want to disapointed you but i allready heard the new stratovarius and i was really deveived i dont know i just cant get into it anyway heres the tracklist in no particular order cause i dont remember it excatly/a drop in the ocean/elements/eagleheart/stratofortress/find your own voice/soul of a vagabond/papilon/learning to fly/fantasia

think i ve got them all

cheers

Originally posted by pits
for me one the record im waiting the most even its if not power metal is: children of bodom - hate crew deathroll

just cant wait

You know, it's funny because a lot of people regard CoB as Power Metal but with death vocals....

But then categories have no strict ruling! It's all opinion at the end of the day.

The news on Annihilator (2 albums) is awesome - I think Jeff Waters is awesome. :headbang:

Good call on Kamelot! Epica should be great. I think Kamelot are probably my fave US prog/power metal band.

My opinion....

Evergrey - Recreation Day
Kamelot - Epica
Stratovarius - Elements pt. 1
Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild
Masterplan - s/t
Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground Beneath
Children of Bodom - Hate crew deathroll
Skyfire - Mind Revolution
Secret Sphere – The Scent of Human Desire
new Helloween
new Summoning
Poisonblack - ?
Office of Strategic Influence - ?
For My Pain - ?

yeah i must agree with you jay keeley i often heard people qualifyng COB as power metal and as you say: But then categories have no strict ruling! It's all opinion at the end of the day.
cheers

I can think of no more to add.....but it look like it's going to be an excellent year ahead! :) BTW Will we have a new Maiden album next year? I think I read somewhere that we may.

Brain functioning slow this morning...work's night out last night!!
How could I forget.....I am also looking forward to the new Iced Earth album...whose name escapes me at the moment....but I know BNC will remember!!! :D

I think I better go back to bed....:)

Originally posted by dragonmaiden
Brain functioning slow this morning...work's night out last night!!
How could I forget.....I am also looking forward to the new Iced Earth album...whose name escapes me at the moment....

It's called "The Glorious Burden". It will be thematic for the most part, based on the American civil war. They'll even do a 'follow up' to 1776, tentatively called 1893, and if it's anything like 1776 then that alone would be enough for me to get the album! :)

@wooks & kalmakoff: Good call on Evergrey! Both they and Iced Earth will be at ProgPower 4!

Looking forward to :

Kamelot - Epica :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Stratovarius - Elements p.1
DragonForce - Valley of the Damned
Secret Sphere – The scent of human Desire
Sonata Arctica - Winterhearts Guild
Masterplan new album..heard some samples, and it's great! Heavy! Jorn at his best :)
Edguy Live Album and the new Rhapsody album of course!

2003 will be a great year for Awesome METAL!

NP: Pagan's Mind - Aegon Shores (AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!) :headbang: