President Bush overturns Habeas Corpus?

In this case, the 'increased use' is by those who have no intention of doing harm with the said guns, whereas otherwise the 'use' is exclusively by criminals. It certainly wouldn't lead to increased use by criminals since they already have full access to them if they wish.

Legalizing drugs will most certainly lead to increased use; the same thing applies here.

I see where you are coming from but, that is an apples/oranges comparison. All drugs that are illegal now are used for one thing. To get you high. All guns that are in fact legal right now are not used solely for killing.
99% of the time I have a gun on me, it is because I am going to or from target shooting.

That is an ignorant generalization. Sit down.

maybe now someone feels something about those generalizations in their posts about non-white americans or non-americans. if that is the case, mission accomplished.
i was particularly thinking about oldscratch's post. and gun-owning and racist-sounding do seem apt descriptions in that case at least, but perhaps there are others here, aren't there?

maybe now someone feels something about those generalizations in their posts about non-white americans or non-americans. if that is the case, mission accomplished.
i was particularly thinking about oldscratch's post. and gun-owning and racist-sounding do seem apt descriptions in that case at least, but perhaps there are others here, aren't there?

I can't speak for oldscratch but, I don't think he is a racist. I can speak for me and I know I am not. Wouldn't stereotyping all gun owners as racists be bigotry as well?

Can we not discuss the realities of crime in America(and elsewhere)without being called "racist?" (whatever that might actually mean given the impossibly broad manner in which that term is used today)
Does alleged "racism" negate the fact that the so-called "gun-crime" epidemic in America is inextricably linked to areas of high minority concentration? This is fact per the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, not a casual observation intended to sound(or be)racist or provocative.

For the record however, I don't "hate" or dismiss anyone based solely upon their race or ethnicity, if that is the concern. It just happens that race and criminal mischief has an undeniable, though largely unspoken(yet known to most)link and again, as was the thrust of my post, tends to present a rather skewed view of how generally violent America is, or more accurately in this case, is not! In my opinion it helps clarify this perception of America as being so much more dangerous than other nations, when in fact, most of America is every bit as safe as many often cited as low-crime countries. That was my only intent in introducing the minority angle from the start.