Presonus Firepod Issue

Sep 4, 2011
Jackson MS
So i recently installed the latest drivers from the presonus website for my FP10, and ever since then it has been randomly turning stopping audio playback, changing to the red light, then shortly after turning back to the blue light and audio playback resumes..the whole process normally takes around 5 seconds. and it normally happens around once every hour...really baffled by this. If anyone has anything that you think may help please let me know! haha. i emailed presonus's support about this and its been 4 days and still havent gotten a response, so fuck them :fu:

unplug/power down interface, uninstall current drivers, reboot, install previous drivers, reboot, plug in/power up interface

I'll definitely give this a shot! Thing is, the previous drivers were giving me issues as well..audio playback would just flat out stop and wouldnt come back like it does now until I rebooted and that REALLY was annoying. So I don't know whether or not I should try this with the new presonus drivers (which i have now) or go back to the old ones

If the previous drivers had problems too, then disregard rolling back. It may be a hardware issue after all? Texas Instrument firewire chipset is preferred.

If my interface drops out, I right click on the speaker icon pick playback devices, disable my FireStudio Project, re-enable it, and it usually works again.

Presonus and it's tech support suck. I had sent my Firestudio a little over a year ago for similar issues. I wasn't given any actual updates to my interface for 4 months after they had replaced two caps and charged me nearly $200 for the repair and shipping. After looking up what they had fixed, the parts were about $4 total if I would have found someone else qualified to do it. I literally had to just sit in my place for 4 months with my fingers crossed that my interface hadn't had just gone missing or some shit...

I'd say sell it and get a Saffire or something more expensive- you'll end up paying that much anyway to keep a less than satisfying interface...

Presonus and it's tech support suck.

Maybe in your experience. I had mostly trouble free usage when I had an original Firepod, and it worked great for 6 years until I sold it.

Also, try CALLING tech support. This is usually much more helpful than a vague description of your problem through email. Email is pretty damn useless and inefficient when trying to diagnose technical problems.

Im having similar trouble with my new interface, its not a firepod though. I got a mr816. I used to have a firepod though, and to get it running correctly I had to go to device manager and disable my internet drivers. Also the texas instrument firewire upgrade may be the key