Presonus FP-10, need some opinions

BeyondPurgatory

New Metal Member
Feb 18, 2008
Good day folks, first of all let me tell you that I am new here and Norwegian, so please excuse my bad English.

Well, I was searching around the net for a rather cheap 8 channel firewire interface when I stumbled over the Presonus FP-10. I am gonna record guitar, drumkits, bass and vocals with this thing.

So I wondered if anyone in here had som opinions or such about this interface?

If I buy this I am gonna run it into my laptop, use revalver mkIII ( as soon as it's available in Norway) and then out through my Sennheisers for now, so as you can tell I do not have the amount of money to afford a proffesional rig. It will be a rather simple setup. Hoe does it do for reaping by the way?

I hope some of you can give me your opinions on why not/why buy this Interface, or if you don't recommend it, want do you recommend then?

Awesome forum, and I see many of guys have some incredibly knowledge

-Jørg-

Hey man, welcome, and first off, let me say your English is fantastic, so no apologies needed!

The FP10 is the new version of the Firepod, which tons and tons of people here have had great results with, so for the price I say go for it!

heya, welcome to the forum!

I own a presonus firepod (FP10) and never had a single problem. works like a charm, is easy to use and sounds great! I'd say go for it :) you can always expand to 3 firepods and link them together to record 24 channels!

Thanks for great replies!

Actually bought a FP10 last weekend, it sounds great! But I have had some problems, it occasionaly drops out, and I have to restart the card and Cubase again. Why does this happen? I'm running Vista right now, but I am changing to XP next, though I don't now if this matter.

Does anyone know what's wrong?