Opinions/recommendations needed for an 8 i/o Firewire interface

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
There are tons on the market, and I need one rather sharpish.

I'm halfway through a project with a band, we've done 4 songs with a UX8 I had to borrow (I know, terrible... terrible contraption), but I can no longer borrow it for the remaining tracks of the project.

I don't have my own because primarily I only mix/master, but it's come to be that I'm going to be engineering/tracking bands a lot more often now so it's time to buy my own.

I already have the Focusrite Pro 14 for my mix station and I love it. So the obvious solution would be to upgrade to the Pro 40, but I was just wondering if anybody has any opinions on any of the other interfaces in the same range.

I'm thinking of the following:
Focusrite Pro 40
M-Audio Profire 2626
Alesis io26
Presonus FP-10
Mackie Onyx

Any others I've forgotten or that you could recommend?
Cheers :kickass:

Well I don't know If i'm interested or not you see, that's the thing, I'd like some opinions on it stacked up against the Pro 40 for example? Good pre's? Good all round interface for guitar AND drum mic'ing?

Also, how much? :D

360, pres are all good aye. I took it over the pro 40 due to having twice as much ADAT above most things...it just dosen't agree with my computer very much haha.

Its always an option anyway :)

I'd go for the Pro 40 :) Love mine! Got it for £265 off ebay. Just ended up messaging all the auctioneers seeing if they wanted a buy it now price and one agreed. No problems at all so far and I absolutely love it

I picked up the ProFire 2626 off Ebay for about $500., can't complain other than once in a while it likes to get buggy with Reaper and I have to hit CTRL + P and just exit out and its ok.

I'd go for the Pro 40 :) Love mine! Got it for £265 off ebay. Just ended up messaging all the auctioneers seeing if they wanted a buy it now price and one agreed. No problems at all so far and I absolutely love it

good stuff man. i think i'll stick with Focusrite tbh, not only because I already know and trust teh brand, but because i have a friend who works in DV247 and can get me a stupid low price for a brand new one! :headbang: