Searching for an interface that doesn't suck... (Line6?)

Flow Of Time

Oct 6, 2012
After sending the second interface back to thomann I finally want to buy something that simply does what it should do..

The two interfaces I sent back:

Mackie Onyx Blackjack:
Solid interface, built like a tank but it sent some terrible humming trough the monitors while and after playing audio.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4:
No hum here, but there was some permanent "rumbling".
I could accept that but additionally I couldn't go below 128 samples which makes it unsusable for me.

With my Line6 GX I never had problems like that.
No noise, no clipping and 64 samples, so I'm thinking about buying the Line6 UX2.
Any opinions about the UX2 here?

The UX2 is a great option if you don't have a firewire port. If you do, there's much better interfaces out there for the price.

Why exactly do you need the 64 sample rate?
Because I'm recording my 6505 directly into an ir while monitoring trough my monitors.

The UX2 is a great option if you don't have a firewire port. If you do, there's much better interfaces out there for the price.
My pc has a firewire port but I heard that a lot people had problems with their firewire interfaces. Also I'm only recording one track per time so I don't really need firewire.

Could someone state that the instrument input on the ux2 is the same as on the gx, that it can go as low as 64 sampes and that it isn't noisy?

Happy UX2 user here, does what it says on the tin. I had to ensure it had sufficient power via a dedicated USB3 PCI card though, as standard USB ports weren't giving it enough juice.

Apart from that, faultless for the price when you consider you get some occasionally useful effects via the software. Drivers are stable.