Presonus Monitor Station vs. Central Station

Oct 10, 2009
saint louis
www.myspace.com
Is there any major improvement with the Central Station over the Monitor Station? The MS has everything I need but I see more people using the CS. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I make a purchase. Thanks.

not sure about the features as i tried the CS only.
both units are just a big piece of plastic crap,
loose plastic pot's and knobs, noise.
in general very poor build quality.

go for something else! :)

cheers
S.

I feel the exact opposite. Had a Mackie Bog knob - noisy piece of junk. Bought a central station - well built, silent, LOVE it.

No experience with the monitor station though.

Just my 2 cents...

Bobby

Recorded with a guy who used the central station as part of his mobile studio, seemed like a pretty sweet piece of gear. I'm not a big fan of the rubbery buttons but it does the job.

Captain Obvious said:
The Central Station is for rackmounting whereas the Monitor Station is a desktop unit.
:lol:

Apart from that the Monitor Station is active (thus altering the sound you are going to hear) while the Central Station is passive.
I've used the Central Station for some time and it worked fine. Can't really backup all the negative points that were posted earlier.

Apparently if you've got the money this is the way to go though: http://www.cranesong.com/AVOCET.html

So which unit shoud we buy? :D
Central station = piece of shit
Big Knob = piece of shit
I have a Firepod and it doesn't seem a bad piece of gear...it's pretty solid and well builded. Also Andy uses Central station so I don't think it's so shitty.

No Andy doesn't afaik he uses the Crane Song thing I posted above. Iirc he said so in some interview.

As I said: The Central station seems fine to me. If money isn't an issue get the Crane Song.

Active does not instantly mean colouring and bad. In many ways an active circuit for attenuation is preferable as the impedance stays constant, however with cheap components and bad design it can have its own noticeable effect on the sound

:lol:

Apart from that the Monitor Station is active (thus altering the sound you are going to hear) while the Central Station is passive.
I've used the Central Station for some time and it worked fine. Can't really backup all the negative points that were posted earlier.

Apparently if you've got the money this is the way to go though: http://www.cranesong.com/AVOCET.html

that thing is sexy as hell. can't justify a monitor controller that's more expensive than my current interface though.