Presonus Studio One? Has anyone used it?

RCW

Mar 6, 2009
Kentucky
I am playing with the demo. It seems pretty cool and I like the layout. Has anyone else used it with any luck so far? I am going to either be purchasing Digital Performer or Studio One but I haven't decided which yet.

I love Reaper to death but I switched to a mac and prefer using osx. Too many of my plugs just won't work in osx reaper. :mad::mad:

Unfortunately I can't find a demo of DP to try so I wouldn't get a chance to use it before I buy it. The only thing that makes me swing towards DP though is the fact that I use a MOTU 828mk3 and an 8pre. It just seems it would make more since to stick with motu all around.

Does anyone particularly like DP? How does it compare to cubase and reaper? I hate editing in reaper so it HAS to be better on that front. It also seems like it comes with a great deal of plugins.

Help me out here people! :)

It was quite nice when I tested it... except for one thing that makes me stay away from it: Superior Drummer 2.0 refuses to work in it properly. Sometimes it crashes to desktop, other times it just won't load the samples at all - just sitting there doing nothing. PSO also has problems with VSTi's, often making it crash when there are a lot of them (10+). So I'll stick to Cubase, where the same plugins work without problems, on the same computer.