Presonus Studio One V2

FML, this thing is taking forever to download all the instruments and effects. Took like 5 minutes to install the program, then you have to download all the files that go with it (16.67 GB) and install them. Argggg.

Better be epic when I'm done, is all I have to say :lol:

16.6 GB of bloatware? Always a good sign.

Indeed, won't be demoing it after all. No way I can kill a third of my monthly internet quota on this.

You don't NEED it to use the program, and most people here wont ever need to use the content. So you don't HAVE to download it at all.

The content is really for songwriters and electronic musicians, there isn't much in there that would be applicable to any of us.

As for the size of the content... buy a boxed product if downloading 16GB is such an issue for you!! Thankfully I live in the 21st century!:lol:

As for the size of the content... buy a boxed product if downloading 16GB is such an issue for you!! Thankfully I live in the 21st century!:lol:

Ease up turbo. Australian ISPs rape us for everything in our pockets and we get shit-all in return. I'm already paying $70 a month for a measely 50gb quota. Boxed products aren't exactly fairly priced to our dollar either; we usually pay a 30-50% premium on most boxed software.

Don't get up my ass about not wanting to download the whole product in the trial, I'd rather give all the features a test before shelling out $600 for the full version.

Ease up turbo. Australian ISPs rape us for everything in our pockets and we get shit-all in return. I'm already paying $70 a month for a measely 50gb quota. Boxed products aren't exactly fairly priced to our dollar either; we usually pay a 30-50% premium on most boxed software.

Don't get up my ass about not wanting to download the whole product in the trial, I'd rather give all the features a test before shelling out $600 for the full version.

:err:

Can't wait to upgrade. Been using v1 for a good while now and like Drew, I love it! v2 adds some very nice features indeed, proper comping and folders especially - defo worth it!
For those who are finding it difficult to learn, head over to Groove3 - they have some video tutorials that are pretty good.

I really like it. But I love the way i have reaper looking. And i have set reaper to work abit more like studio one, Having the browser to the side.

This is my reaper screenset. Mixer is on my second monitor and the browser can be toggled on/off

screen.jpg

Question. Does Studio One have an equivalent to Pro Tools' 'import session data' or Cubase's 'track presets'. Basically the way I do records is one song per project, and I need the ability to import the changes I've made to one song into the others.

Otherwise I've really been digging my fooling around with S1 2. Just feels really good and fluid, even though the waveforms are ugly, aliased and hard to decipher, and the colour scheme is still a little monotonous and hard to distinguish. Those things can be overlooked in light of how quick and logical everything feels.

Ermz: Post a feature request on their forms, the Presonus devs can be quite responsive. I agree, the colouring can seem monotonous at times, but overall, better than the majority of the alternatives in my opinion.

This is my reaper screenset. Mixer is on my second monitor and the browser can be toggled on/off

screen.jpg

What's your point? That's fugly dude. I'm well accustomed to Reaper, used it since v2 and v4 hasn't changed my perception of Reaper being the Linux of the daw world. Its usability sucks. Anyways, we're discussing Studio One here. There are plenty of Reaper threads if you wanna try show off there.
Gonna pick up Studio One v2 Pro later this week, the demo is enough to convince me that the upgrade's worth it!

Ermz: Post a feature request on their forms, the Presonus devs can be quite responsive. I agree, the colouring can seem monotonous at times, but overall, better than the majority of the alternatives in my opinion.

screen.jpg

What's your point? That's fugly dude. I'm well accustomed to Reaper, used it since v2 and v4 hasn't changed my perception of Reaper being the Linux of the daw world. Its usability sucks. Anyways, we're discussing Studio One here. There are plenty of Reaper threads if you wanna try show off there.
Gonna pick up Studio One v2 Pro later this week, the demo is enough to convince me that the upgrade's worth it!

I have Studio One V2 Producer and it just feels awkward as hell to me coming from Reaper. I guess I am just too accustomed to slip editing haha. I love the automation and the freezing capabilities of Studio One v2 though, although it seems as if it is a little bit more of a resource hog than Reaper. I think I'll be using Reaper for Editing/quantizing and Studio One v2 for mixing.

I also can't stand the way the waveforms look in Studio One. It's very hard to understand what's going on by looking at the waveforms compared to Reaper's or Pro Tool's waveforms.

I wish some people would actually RTFM before commenting. If you're happy with Reaper, fine stick with it.
However others (such as Ermz) have been forever searching for workflow improvements and while Studio One may not have met everyone's requirements with v1, v2 is a huge improvement.
I'm really interested to learn more about the workflow improvements of using the integrated Melodyne.