Presonus Studio One V2

Studio One can slip edit.

Oh shit! I am gonna have to look that up. I've watched a lot of the tutorials on the Presonus site but I haven't came across one where they explained slip editing. Surely it'll be in the manual though. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Only issue I'm having with S1 right now is that it doesn't seem to find all my plugins for some reason. I have it pointing to my plugin folders, and it's found some that are in there, but others like Kontakt and POD Farm aren't showing up in S1 for some reason. Hmmm...

Question. Does Studio One have an equivalent to Pro Tools' 'import session data' or Cubase's 'track presets'. Basically the way I do records is one song per project, and I need the ability to import the changes I've made to one song into the others.

Otherwise I've really been digging my fooling around with S1 2. Just feels really good and fluid, even though the waveforms are ugly, aliased and hard to decipher, and the colour scheme is still a little monotonous and hard to distinguish. Those things can be overlooked in light of how quick and logical everything feels.

Yea this is a big one for me as well. I work the same way with one song per session and i want to be able to import all my plugins and such to match the tracks on another session all in one go, nice and simple. I can't imagine they would not have something to do this. Anyone know?

I'm going to but the upgrade soon, i just don't have the time to test this out just yet. Glad to see some people are really into this though.

I'm starting to get the slip editing workflow down but I have one question. Is there a way to make overlapping events automatically crossfade similar to Reaper? I have looked all through the manual and looked at the presonus forums and watched all tutorials and I cannot find an answer to this anywhere.

dude it has auto crossfades :| i genuinely dont know how you're not seeing this haha or go to the help file

dude it has auto crossfades :| i genuinely dont know how you're not seeing this haha or go to the help file

Overlapping%20Audio%20Events%20-%20No%20Crossfade.jpg

That is 2 events overlapped. The help file is the manual and I have searched through that without finding an answer.

How is S1 comparing to Cubase, in terms of workflow? I've heard S1 devs were actually some of Cubase devs before (true?), so I figured they can't be that different?

Yeah, I saw that but that isn't auto-crossfading. Having to do that after every cut would slow editing down considerably. I'm looking for auto-crossfading similar to Reaper.

Yeah, I saw that but that isn't auto-crossfading. Having to do that after every cut would slow editing down considerably. I'm looking for auto-crossfading similar to Reaper.

Do all your edits. Then select all, and hit X. I've not found it slow at all. Takes me about 40 minutes to do a 13minute song.