Pretend to shred

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
it was a joke, silly

but you can have a "_add9", that is correct

I, too, was joking. Hehe.. Everyone laugh at the funny joke :erk:

And about the chords, whatever, I'm just talking out of my ass. You probably know more about that than me.

Serge... said:
I, too, was joking. Hehe.. Everyone laugh at the funny joke :erk:

And about the chords, whatever, I'm just talking out of my ass. You probably know more about that than me.

No that was right, a 7 add9 chord would just be called a 9 chord. just putting the suspension after the name of the chord (for example A9) implies that its a full 7th chord. so a 13th chord would imply a 1 3 5 7 9 11 and 13 (or something like that). If any tones are left out, (like the 7th) you just say add9 or add9 or whatever. You can have an Aadd9add13 and that would imply that its 1 3 5 9 13 (no 7th no 11th).

Yngvai X said:
No that was right, a 7 add9 chord would just be called a 9 chord. just putting the suspension after the name of the chord (for example A9) implies that its a full 7th chord. so a 13th chord would imply a 1 3 5 7 9 11 and 13 (or something like that). If any tones are left out, (like the 7th) you just say add9 or add9 or whatever. You can have an Aadd9add13 and that would imply that its 1 3 5 9 13 (no 7th no 11th).

Yeah, I know. I just like to refer to it as "that one" chord. You know....that one.

Yngvai X said:

Yep, that's what I thought. Now just the matter of soloing over those crazy chords.

i wasn't doubting serge's quote's, i knew they were right...but if you have a normal 7 chord with added b7 or #7, wouldn't it be called a G7addb7 or a B7add#7. or if a 13 chord has a b9 (nota normal 9)wouldn't it be called a Db9add13?

In a G7 or B7 chord the 7th is already flat.

Calling a chord Db9add13 would be refering to the root note as being Db, not referring to the 9. But anyway, whilst you have a root, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th and 13th in a 13th chord, your chord would be 13flat9 chord because the 11th isn't essential to include (or practical on an instrument with 6 stings in some cases) to make the chord a 13th.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
i wasn't doubting serge's quote's, i knew they were right...but if you have a normal 7 chord with added b7 or #7, wouldn't it be called a G7addb7 or a B7add#7. or if a 13 chord has a b9 (nota normal 9)wouldn't it be called a Db9add13?

Heh, a sharp 7th is just an octave, isn't it? And yeah, the 7 is already flat in a normal 7 chord. Ahh whatever. I'm never getting laid.

Zax666 said:
BTW, Satanic Rabbit, how does your Carvin feel now, that you can have an objective opinion about it? (Can you?)

I like it a lot. It definitely puts all my other guitars to shame, including my LTD deluxe M-1000, which costs the same.

It is just a perfectly crafted instrument and the sound is great. It's got a punchy sound to it, thanks to the swamp ash body sides. I mean, punchy like Seinfeld bass punchy. The holdsworth pickup is awesome, very smooth with high gain and crisp and clear for clean tone. It took me some time to get use to the neck and the shorter scale (25.00"), but it is awesome. It also requires a real light touch, which I've had to adapt a little bit. It still picks up more pick noise than the avg guitar, but I like that. It really keeps your technique in check. You have to play cleanly on this guitar. It's perfect for most styles of music, its versatile.

Hey, I love it. It's my main guitar now and I'm sure it will be for a long long time to come. And I don't miss the EMG 81's. In fact, I don't think EMG's are "all that" at all.

Serge... said:
Heh, a sharp 7th is just an octave, isn't it? And yeah, the 7 is already flat in a normal 7 chord. Ahh whatever. I'm never getting laid.
ahh shit, you got me there...what the fuck was i thinking?!?!? thats so ignorant of me, normally i'd know better
:yell: