Pretty Maids

This is THE BAND that got me out to this years fest, and they did not let me down. I only wish it could've been a longer set....Scream, Savage Heart, Queen Of Dreams would've been awesome to hear. It Comes At Night was freakin' amazing live. Thanks to Pretty Maids....they made this old-school dude a very happy fan!

Same for me. I thought they were killer. However, in accordance to the crowd they were playing for, they maybe could have switched a couple lighter songs for a couple heavier ones. But they ruled anyway and I hope they'll come back to the USA (with some Canada dates) before 30 years... :D

Same for me. I thought they were killer. However, in accordance to the crowd they were playing for, they maybe could have switched a couple lighter songs for a couple heavier ones. But they ruled anyway and I hope they'll come back to the USA (with some Canada dates) before 30 years... :D

Heavier tunes instead of ballads would've worked for me...Cielo Drive, Planet Panic, Spooked, Carpe Diem, my personal fave Scream....they would've killed. But I'm not complaining....it was Pretty Maids playing in front of my naked steaming eyes....that's all that mattered!

Fuck the haters in this thread. Pretty Maids were whooping a llama's ass with my belt. I thoroughly enjoyed their set, and if they ever come near me in the future, I'll be there!

I don't think there's been a single hater in this thready yet....
You had me saying 'this band was good but looked fucking retarded' and some other dude saying 'good set but they didn't respect the schedule' but nobody has said they sucked! Honestly I haven't really seen that in any topics about ANY bands this year, except for the Kingcrow thread.

No need to get up in arms about a general observation. Im sure the guys were all very nice and respectful individually but from where I was sitting, the body language I saw down in the sound Booth was quite apparent that someone was more than a little agitated by them continuing to play. Then again I suppose that doesn't help the level of frustration when you have a sound tech for another band complaining in your ear either.

As I said they had a solid performance, but I can't get behind what I observed. So, chop it up to a matter of opinion, sit back, and relax.

After the shit I dealt with this weekend, not up in arms about much - too tired and sick - just curious as to how you came up with the opinion that it was disrespectful, having dealt with the band and being overly familiar with the stuff that happens behind the curtain. And the fact that about 20k things are all going on at the same time, so different things cause different issues and darkness requires lot of hand gestures and yelling. :)

This is THE BAND that got me out to this years fest, and they did not let me down. I only wish it could've been a longer set....Scream, Savage Heart, Queen Of Dreams would've been awesome to hear. It Comes At Night was freakin' amazing live. Thanks to Pretty Maids....they made this old-school dude a very happy fan!

This. Fantastic performance, just way too short. It was a dream come true seeing them.

How was the reaction in the venue? Did they pack the floor? I was front and center and never looked back. It couldn't have worked out better for me - 25 years of wishing and waiting and I had the best spot in the house for their set! My neck is still sore.

Everyone just needs to chill the fk out. And back off of Lara

The band and their single crew guy were NOTHING BUT PROFESSIONAL and courteous. They did NOTHING to disrespect the festival, Glenn, Jen, or me.

They (me and their tech) had agreed that one encore was to be cut due to schedule. We didn't decide to cut until the set was underway to see how the pace rolled out. Somehow, the tour manager took it upon himself to OK 2 more songs. THAT is the cold damn truth of what happened.

After Glenn, the manager and I had a small discussion backstage, it was already too late.

The tech IMMEDIATELY came to me after the set and apologized for the miscommunication.
Ken Hammer himself came over and was really upset about it.. once he realized we were ver it/OK with it... he was fine, and actually hung out and joked and took pics with the crew

Funny guy and nothing but pro - he was told to play by his boss - so he played. And I didn't get to see more than 2-3 tunes in pieces...and I had waited since PP started to see them.

END OF DEBATE on their respect of the fest.. Any other comments on THAT part of this thread (besides saying you now undertsand) I will have Glenn yank your comments and maybe suspend you. Youve been warned.

And feel free to apologize to Lara as well

This. Fantastic performance, just way too short. It was a dream come true seeing them.

How was the reaction in the venue? Did they pack the floor? I was front and center and never looked back. It couldn't have worked out better for me - 25 years of wishing and waiting and I had the best spot in the house for their set! My neck is still sore.

From where I was seated, the floor was pretty packed, and the response was great. I was a little concerned that the crowds' interest in Pretty Maids would be lessened because of their style of hard rock/metal, and the fact that they have been around a long time without really being that well known in the states (kinda like Rage). I'm glad to say that the PP fans came through and really seemed to enjoy the set.

Thanks for coming on and clearing it up....always great to hear the way it really went down...

No problem... lots of stuff goes on that people do not need to know/hear.. but this was one case where it needed to be clarified. ALLLLLLLL the bands were extremely polite and respectful this year.

I specifially stated the earlier response because Ken was concerned with EXACTLY that perception - that they might be divas, or big ego rockstars or whatever.. nothing can be further from the truth - they were easy as hell to work with.

I also told both him and the tech right to their face politley, that I thought it was a miscommunication, but if not and they operated "shady' like that, then they'd have a big "eff you" due by the karma bus.. but I truly do not think they were playing any games.

The set rocked and they were fun

Everyone just needs to chill the fk out. And back off of Lara

END OF DEBATE on their respect of the fest.. Any other comments on THAT part of this thread (besides saying you now undertsand) I will have Glenn yank your comments and maybe suspend you. Youve been warned.

And feel free to apologize to Lara as well

For those of us without a scorecard (I'm trying to match real names with forum handles, but it's taking a while), who is Lara and why are apologies necessary?

Freakchylde - the driver o' doom
Just one person could apologize to here for saying she was over reacting.... it was a long 4 days.... she is sole transport for all bands and/or crew.. imagine dealing wuith that and traffic for way more hours and stress than the average attendee knows.. she can have some slack cut is all I'm saying.

and edit - my bad (sleep deprived)- Mavros already clarified what he meant. And - I think the sound guy complaining to Glenn (the body language you saw) - was actually the stage manager who had to fly over from the wings to let Glenn know what happened, and trying to get the extra 2 songs cut because a Tour Manager trumps a stage manager! lol

Ken Hammer himself came over and was really upset about it.. once he realized we were ver it/OK with it... he was fine, and actually hung out and joked and took pics with the crew

Ahhh, so THAT is why he asked me backstage "Did we run over time?" I told him I think you did but don't worry about it. You guys just put on a kick-ass set and I was thrilled to finally get to see it.

Glad to hear the 'rest of the story' so to speak and thanks for the clarification. That is one other reason I love this festival and the crew working it. You guys do a huge part in keeping things "transparent" and when things like this occur, to explain it in a way to avoid blaming anyone outright. Mistakes can and do occur, especially when dealing with something as complex as putting an event of this caliber together. It is how to deal with them in a professional manner what really counts.

But anyway, as for Pretty Maids themselves, being a child of the 80's, I was really stoked to see them and I thought that set totally kicked some ass. Was also a blast to get to party with these guys a bit in the courtyard afterwards. I sure as hell hope we see them again in the States!

Glenn has asked that the remaining conversation in this thread be dedicated solely to the actual stage performance. Further "off-topic" comments will be deleted.

~Jen

Don't forget.....Rodeo!
I think that was the one song in their set that Nick (DemonoftheWoods) and I did not know. Lol! Was sitting here with him while typing up that set list and we both knew there was another song in there that we were not familiar with, somewhere around the second half of the set I think. (We forgot Hell on High Heels too. Thanks, Su! I thought there was another one we were forgetting. Lol!) Still an awesome selection of material! Only dissapointment for me was that they did not play Cielo Drive, but otherwise a fantastic and highly energized entertaining set! The guys in the band were also super nice about signing autographs, hanging out and taking photos. Hope they will be back to the states again soon!