Priest to release a new album in 2014

It can't be worse than "Nostradamus", can it?

yes….it could be as bad as the Ripper-era records (which stunk but through no fault of Ripper's).

I disagree. If it's true the Owens era albums are bad because of Tipton's composition, some songs are alright and enjoyable.

"Nostradamus" is a borefest crappy waste of plastic, with not a single memorable or redeemable value.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think Nostradamus is a great album. Cool to see JP trying something a little different with an epic concept album. Maybe wouldn't have hurt to edit it down to a single disk, but still a great album.

The big question is... will there be a world tour to support the new album, or did they really retire from touring as claimed?

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think Nostradamus is a great album. Cool to see JP trying something a little different with an epic concept album. Maybe wouldn't have hurt to edit it down to a single disk, but still a great album.

The big question is... will there be a world tour to support the new album, or did they really retire from touring as claimed?

i'm with you. i actually liked Nostradamus

I'm just not that into the new stuff, simply because Rob's not the singer he once was, I think they need a new singer. The Owens records at first don't seem that good, but there is some decent stuff, I'll take Owens era Priest over Bayley era Maiden anyday. This also comes as a surprise to me as I thought they weren't going to make any more new music, at least not with Rob, perhaps the new Sabbath got them inspired to do so.

It can't be worse than "Nostradamus", can it?

No. Just releasing a single cd would be better than "Nostradamus". "Prophecy" and "Pestilence and plague". The rest is :cry:

I agree with poundingmetal74: production sucks.

IMO, their worse stuff, besides "Demolition".

I have no hopes with the new one but who knows? Simply curiosity listening a Priest record without KK compositions.

I have no hopes with the new one but who knows? Simply curiosity listening a Priest record without KK compositions.

I'm basically there too. Who knows?, we may get a nice surprise...