Primordial update...

I feel I should comment on this album seeing as nobody has yet. This could be the best of all Primordial albums (even better than a Journey's End). I was a bit iffy on my first run through, but now I'm totally digging it. Way less poppy than To the Nameless Dead which I wasn't huge on. The songs are darker and carry a lot more weight. I was also happy to see Nemtheanga's vocals return to form after the last album. Everyone will be very satisfied with this album i reckon.

Really? I'm not digging it as much as any of the past albums. I like a few songs, but I'm having hard time getting into the album as a whole.

Really? I'm not digging it as much as any of the past albums. I like a few songs, but I'm having hard time getting into the album as a whole.

I felt the same way at first. Keep listening and I think you'll see it's merits.

that

lots of heard before too.

"The Mouth of Judas" is embarrassingly close to "The Coffin Ships" for instance. And not as good.

It's no weak album but I can't see myself coming back to it often, maybe not even buying it this time around... Better than Journey's End? you must be joking...

that

"The Mouth of Judas" is embarrassingly close to "The Coffin Ships" for instance. And not as good.

It's no weak album but I can't see myself coming back to it often, maybe not even buying it this time around... Better than Journey's End? you must be joking...

Nah like I said I've got a lot of time to listen to music at work and I've spun it like 7 or 8 times now and just today I realized how much I loved it. Different strokes man.

this makes me realize how it is when you all make fun of me drooling about some old school bands new release. :loco:

I am not the biggest Primordial fan in the world, but even to these ears every release from the last 3 or so have been sounding pretty redundant.

that

Mouth of Judas is better than Coffin Ships btw

Some people really do get über enthusiastic easily :) (no offense meant 'course)

I'm not even a big Primordial fan. There's no reason for me to get enthused unnecessarily. I'm a huge Agalloch fan but hated Marrow of the spirit. I do think this Primordial will be polarizing to many, but it just seems to strike me.

no new release is ever good ... bands always write their best material early on in their career.
it's a fact. ask anyone.