Primordial update...

good song. new drummer seems ok. alan's singing is better. the lyrics seem pretty dumb in a manowar brothers of metal kind of way. since after storm before calm though i have always felt there is a disconnect between the vocals and the music and i don't think this is an exception. the hammerheart ending is cool

They took back the old drummer.

The Blood Revolt vocals go with the same idea...
Yet, I love that the vocals and guitar lines are different.

The Blood Revolt vocals go with the same idea...

so did void of silence - human antithesis

i appreciate that it is hard to sing melodic clean lines over most extreme metal and he pulls it off well generally but SOMETIMES it just don't work

it sounds to me like the vocals are a lot more upfront in the mix. i like it.

yeah it's about music so i would be surprised to learn he'd ever even click it

Blood Revolt wasn't that great at all was it? I can't say any of the songs were nearly as memorable as their older stuff.

This band peaked a LONG time ago with A Journey's End. Fortunately they've hit a more than a couple of great snags on the way downhill, and this new track does sound promising.

I still love Spirit the Earth Aflame and two or three tracks from The Gathering Wilderness (most of them actually), but I definitely agree with the vocals being a little strained and one-dimensional these days. Still impassioned, powerful and distinctive but listen to a song like Graven Idol versus something off Blood Revolt and the differences in his delivery leave something to be desired.

Blood Revolt wasn't that great at all was it? I can't say any of the songs were nearly as memorable as their older stuff.

This band peaked a LONG time ago with A Journey's End. Fortunately they've hit a more than a couple of great snags on the way downhill, and this new track does sound promising.

I still love Spirit the Earth Aflame and two or three tracks from The Gathering Wilderness (most of them actually), but I definitely agree with the vocals being a little strained and one-dimensional these days. Still impassioned, powerful and distinctive but listen to a song like Graven Idol versus something off Blood Revolt and the differences in his delivery leave something to be desired.

that
all of it

this. all of this.

I really shouldn't have listened to that track a dozen times, as it's going to feel worn when the album is finally released. Nevertheless, holy hell is it a good song. It took every one of those listens to sink and ingratiate itself in to the Primordial fold, but here it stands amongst their anthems of glory. Nemtheanga!