Pro Tools 7.4.2 Playback Engine Problem!

_Protoss_

Crossing The Rubicon
Oct 1, 2008
Hi guys

I have this problem and it's really frustrating, because , seems to there's no solution for this trouble.

When i press play, runing with only one mono track i have this message

ERROR 1! :
"the operating system held off interrups for too long. If this occurs often , try increasing the "H/W BUFFER SIZE" in the playback engine dialog (-9093) "

and, obviously,I try to to increase the buffer size but, this error pops up

ERROR 2:
"Audio prosecing is conflicting whit other CPU task. If it occurs often , reducing the "H/W BUFFER SIZE" in the playback engine dialog may help prevent the problem (-9129) "

My Pro Tools version is 7.4.2 with the cs2 update for Leopard.

I'm running pro tools in a macbook (who have an aproved chipset for the mbox2 ) with 4gb of ram, and, it's really frustrating, because, Pro Tools crashes even running just one mono track. :erk:

I'm falling in love with Logic 8 lately, but, i want to use pro tools so...please guys help me

Interesting. This sounds exactly like what I was experiencing with my MacBook with a Digi 002 and a ProFire 2626.

Using the latest M-Audio drivers and upgrading to 4GB RAM solve my stability issues, but that doesn't help you.

You are using the Mbox2, correct? What version of Leopard are you on? What are you using for a record drive? What plugins do you have installed?

I always had trouble with my MBOX2 having those exact errors on my last computer, and that thing was hardly a slouch performance wise - Digidesign just sucks, the only thing that (mostly) solved the problem for me was disabling the computer's wireless network adapter (or unplugging the LAN cable if your wired) - you should totally be able to have the H/W buffer at 256 samples with no problems, though 128 is asking for dropouts cuz of the limitations of USB

Wow, that sucks really!

I just can't understand why mi Mbox2 works so flawlessly with Nuendo, or Logic :(

Starting to hate Digidesign , because this is very common problem!

Anyone else have the same troubles?!

Thanx a lot Jesse Z and Metaltastic (as always)

I just can't understand why mi Mbox2 works so flawlessly with Nuendo, or Logic

Don't get me started. I had problems with my Digi 002 and ProFire 2626 with Pro Tools too, but Ableton, Reaper, and Garageband always worked great, no matter what hardware or computer configuration was used!

In my experience the new M-Audio hardware and drivers are more solid than the Digidesign hardware and CoreAudio driver, and PT MP doesn't lock the hardware with it's proprietary bullshit so you can monitor the DAW, iTunes, Analog Inputs, etc. simultaneously.

All I can suggest is removing all the plugins you have installed, unplugging everything USB except for the Mbox, and disabling the AirPort card. Other than that, verify your OS and PT version compatibility on the digi website, you may want to try updating Leopard with a combo updater, but honestly I don't think that will stop the errors.

Don't get me started. I had problems with my Digi 002 and ProFire 2626 with Pro Tools too, but Ableton, Reaper, and Garageband always worked great, no matter what hardware or computer configuration was used!

In my experience the new M-Audio hardware and drivers are more solid than the Digidesign hardware and CoreAudio driver, and PT MP doesn't lock the hardware with it's proprietary bullshit so you can monitor the DAW, iTunes, Analog Inputs, etc. simultaneously.

All I can suggest is removing all the plugins you have installed, unplugging everything USB except for the Mbox, and disabling the AirPort card. Other than that, verify your OS and PT version compatibility on the digi website, you may want to try updating Leopard with a combo updater, but honestly I don't think that will stop the errors.

Yea man. My lepoard version is ok!, and i have a little bunch of rtas pluggins so, i think, that's not the problem at all.

I'm gonna try the airport thing. Hope gets better.

Thanx for all the input guys!

There's a lot to put in practice ahaha!

Shit, my external drive is USB :(

Thanx for the link AudioGeek!

Hmm, a firewire external hard drive is always better Protoss, but I highly doubt it'll solve your problems; I fear it's just stupid fartypants Digidesign not working with your compy (not saying you shouldn't get the drive, just that I wouldn't get your hopes up for any difference :erk: )

Well, I am going to make the last attempt to get PT work right ,following the "general
troubleshooting" link that AudioGeek gave me so...If PT even still failing,
for me, it's the last goodbye To Digidesign products aha!

I believe the same as you about the FW HD but,one of the main reasons why i bought that mbox2 was for work with PT so, i'm gonna try everything as posible

Thanx for the advice man!

PS: And sorry about my english :)