Pro Tools 8 question

_Protoss_

Crossing The Rubicon
Oct 1, 2008
Hi guys.
Maybe this is a super stupid question but, what the hell XD...
...can i load diferent pro tools sessions in just a big one??? I need to
have 5 songs in one session, with all the automation and insert stuffs,
so i wonder if there's any chance to do that.

Regards!

yes....
but i wouldnt reccomend it with that many songs. two; three maximum...
gets very hard to keep on top of things after that

I've had 11 songs in one session. Just be aware that you're going to have to be constantly bouncing elements down to stereo pairs to keep your computer running. :lol:

I've always wondered this. How do load one project and it's tempo map into another project...

So for instance I open up Song 1 which has it's own tempo map... I want to import song two and it's tempo map so that it lands in the project after song 1 is done playing...

how would you go about doing this?

Either. Depends on the situation, but most of the time I just start and end with one session for the album. Never run into any issues with it being too CPU intensive or anything so I just do it. I do combine sessions also frequently. I work with a guy who does a lot of tracking for projects I mix. He likes to do it in separate sessions so I end up combining them

I don't think I'd want to track in the same project, or even edit... but once I've got everything timed up, and consolidated I think I'd rather have everything in the same project so that I can keep levels consistent, and have more control over the flow from one song to another.

Since I rarely record more than a 5 song EP I don't think it would be to taxing on my system.

James: Could you elaborate? I'm not currently using this workflow, but as far as I can see the pros outweigh the cons...