pro tools: how do you type in a value on a channel fader...

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
pro tools: how do you type in a value on a channel fader...

im a keyboard guy
i always type in every parameter for everything
compressor settings, volume, pan, where i want to locate

but i can't seem to figure out how to type in the volume value into the channel faders on pt

It's either just dbl click the volume number in the mix window, or you click on the little fader icon in the mix window and then dbl click there too.

This applies to everything including parameters...

not sure what you're all talking about.

Funny stuff tbh, people saying in that other thread Reaper lacks basic stuff and then Pro Tools lack even more basic stuff.

Though I reckon Pro Tools is the king at editing, no doubt, don't wanna start an argument or anything, just saying. :)

It's either just dbl click the volume number in the mix window, or you click on the little fader icon in the mix window and then dbl click there too.

This applies to everything including parameters...

not sure what you're all talking about.

Not sure why that wouldn't work Joey. I type values for the faders doing this all the time. You are clicking the little fader right?

Not sure why that wouldn't work Joey. I type values for the faders doing this all the time. You are clicking the little fader right?

i've tried single clicking, double clicking, shift clicking, option clicking, alt clicking, and any combination of those:
the fader in edit window
the meter in edit window
the fader in mix window
the meter in mix window
the volume fader value display in mix window

can you show me a screen shot or anything?

ptfader2.bmp