pro tools: how do you type in a value on a channel fader...

I actually like the new Apple keyboards... Haven't had any difficulty at all.

really?
maybe its just me fearing change, but i find the angle too low.
i have to use a wirst rest to prevent carpal tunnel as it is! let alone use a low profile keyboard!

DUDE THATS THE SAME ONE I HAVE! I actually have 3....2 still in the box for the day the one I have breaks :). I am so used to the button layout I can't go back at all.....

Yeah...the wireless ones are pretty terrible...they definitely DO NOT track the same as the wired...sooo beware!

I held onto a g4 keyboard for a long time, cause I hated those fucking white ones where they merged all the F keys together. But I like the thin ones now, and I don't really ever use the F keys anymore now that I got quikeys.

I also like the newer Apple keyboards, though I have to admit that I like the keys on my early 08 MBP a bit more. I use the previous wireless keyboard model and have no problems with it; I might eventually need to get a wired model because of the numpad though. I also use the old white ones daily at school and don't find them as comfortable. I don't use any wrist rests whatsoever either.

What kind of commands are you guys using with quick keys to make things faster???

I have a ton...a few of the key ones. A quick note though, you can actually make custom key commands for any MENU items using OSX 10.4 and higher. HOWEVER, some maintanance programs like YASU, with actually reset them while repairing permissions, so I just use quickeys....anyways....

ctrl 1-5= in the edit window, this hide/shows inserts set 1/2, sends set 1/2, and i/o.

ctrl/option/apple F= delete fades

ctrl/option/apple S= Save Session Copy AS

ctrl/option/apple R= My custom sound replacing command. I'm thinking of making a post about this one, because I think alot of people might find it very useful.:kickass:

This is just a few of them but I have I think 25 different commands for all kinds of stuff, from simple window views, to incredibly complex commands that I spent hours setting up (like the replacing one).

I actualy have another question regarding PT hot keys. How do you move all the faders on SELECTED tracks at once without groups?! Say you have selected some tracks across your mixer and want to quickly lower them in level without creating groups for them. I found (in mac) a combination of SHIFT+ALT+any command (setting ins, outs, inserts, sends. mutes, solos etc..) will do it on all selected tracks. Pretty much everything you can do this way, very cool but not the faders! )) you can just reset them all to 0db but you can not move them. Anyone? This is the function I need realy often in my sessions.

from what i recall of PT, i don't think you can move more than 1 fader without them being grouped

however...i'm far from a guru on that shit, and someone else will probably tell me i'm wrong here shortly

i've used the new apple keyboards, i can't say i'm a fan. i managed to get a wireless G5 era keyboard though, and i love it.

the tactile response from the new ones just isn't.. right!

i can't believe sturgis has gone to PT.. a sad day for us cubendo fags! aha

thanks,