Probably the worst movie to ever exist...

Jan 10, 2005

Brief synopsis: Before he became the president, Abraham Lincoln fights vampires.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the very least looks awesome.
Concept reminds me of this

Last edited by a moderator:
^^This one will be better if only for the fact that Abe Lincoln was real.

...so its completely ridiculous for two fake characters to fight...but Abe Lincoln being real completely validates the whole movie?

Anyways, this is sad. The amount of Americans that know anything about their own history is sad enough, this will only make the situation worse. Lincoln had a fascinating adolescence and early-adult life, its a shame they couldn't make a movie about that instead.

You read WAY too far into my comment. I was just shitting on Jesus.

Yeah I know. My comment didn't quite come across as planned after I read it again. Was meant to be more of a knock on the people that "think they're vampires" or whatever the fuck kids are doing these days.

I want vampires to be badass again...like Gary Oldman was, or going way back Nosferatu.

Anyways, this is sad. The amount of Americans that know anything about their own history is sad enough, this will only make the situation worse. Lincoln had a fascinating adolescence and early-adult life, its a shame they couldn't make a movie about that instead.
I taught to a girl friend of mine from new York (who went to college with history lessons and all) that "Europe" history is way older than Jesus christ. She was amazed and didn't know there were the ancestor of our countries and cultures even before that...

I was : o_O

I taught to a girl friend of mine from new York (who went to college with history lessons and all) that "Europe" history is way older than Jesus christ. She was amazed and didn't know there were the ancestor of our countries and cultures even before that...

I was : o_O

If you're not a history major or some kind of related social science field, you really take zero classes on history in college. Maybe a general "Western Civilization" class or a "Basics of [state's name] Government" class, but that's literally it. Anything pre-1800's is just not really covered.

I'm actually really excited about this movie.

When I first saw the book in stores I was like, "How the fuck is that supposed to work?" But then the audio version was on sale on audible.com and I had a long drive to make, so I got it, and it was actually really fucking good. I wasn't expecting to like it at all.

It's funny how the concept came about. The author noticed that for a while bookstore windows always seemed to be filled with either new books about vampires, or new biographies about Lincoln, so he had the crazy idea of combining the two to see if he could make it work. The coolest part is how he spins real historical events into somehow being tied into fictional vampire shit. The dude must've done a lot of homework.

For the record, I am against Twilight and all this new vampire fad shit, but this Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter book was actually really damn good.

Also I've heard that Daniel Day Lewis will be portraying Abe in a much more serious movie in the not too distant future. Looking forward to that as well.

I'm halfway through the novel and my wife read it before she gave it to me. The book is quite good: an interesting read that is both fun and rather complicated in it's structure. We are quite excited about the movie version. The author is a pretty talented dude.