One of the most powerful songs I've heard this year...

Every metal fan should own Crimson Idol. Their best, hands down. The debut is my second fave though, then Headless Children.

Well, I wanted to follow up with my WASP venture. Over the weekend, I purchased two of the 2 disc packages of the band's. The first disc has the debut and The Last Command on it. The second contains Inside The Electric Circus and The Headless Children. I have to be honest and say that I now LOVE this band! I've totally overlooked them over the years and I really have no idea why? I think the Last Command is my favorite thus far, because it's just straight ahead, fist pumpin' hard rock. Songs like Ballcrusher, Widowmaker, and Blind In Texas just make me want to throw up the horns and thank the good Lord that he made me a metalhead! :lol: With that said, I've yet to hear The Crimson Idol, so that's my next WASP purchase when I come across it.

Are there any new thoughts on the latest disc, since some of you have had a chance to digest it now? Glenn...anyone else?

~Brian~

I am so glad that this post was made. I have been a fan of W.A.S.P. from the beginning and have never stopped loving Blackie's writing style from day one. The only cd that I think was not up to par was Helldorado. Live Blackie still brings it hard and is a force to be reckoned with. I have also seen every tour since the beginning and age has not hurt Blackie.

Good news is that the 15th Anniversary of Crimson Idol is coming up and Blackie is going to do an Anniversary tour for that cd. Check out www.waspnation.com for more info.

Well, I wanted to follow up with my WASP venture. Over the weekend, I purchased two of the 2 disc packages of the band's. The first disc has the debut and The Last Command on it. The second contains Inside The Electric Circus and The Headless Children. I have to be honest and say that I now LOVE this band! I've totally overlooked them over the years and I really have no idea why? I think the Last Command is my favorite thus far, because it's just straight ahead, fist pumpin' hard rock. Songs like Ballcrusher, Widowmaker, and Blind In Texas just make me want to throw up the horns and thank the good Lord that he made me a metalhead! :lol: With that said, I've yet to hear The Crimson Idol, so that's my next WASP purchase when I come across it.

Are there any new thoughts on the latest disc, since some of you have had a chance to digest it now? Glenn...anyone else?

~Brian~

If you can find it get STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH. Very powerful songs. :headbang:

Agreed...powerful songs cuz most were culls from Crimson Idol...excellent songs with similar vibe to that album...

Rock on!