Most Powerful Line?

I don't give a fuck if you hate me.

I know it's cliche,but whatever,I really don't care what people think of me!

^ this is not an attack or anything, but if that were true, then you wouldn't post pics of yourself like the one you have. just to give an example.

it's bullshit when someone says, "i don't care what people think about me" because you really do, and there's no way to avoid it. you live in a society afterall. you have to care what people think. weather you like it or not. weather you're a "rebel" or not.

It had always been about the music to Alexi. Look at the recording of Something Wild. Touch Like Angel of Death was the only song to have true lyrics before the recordings the rest was made on the spot.

Mystique: I love the lyrics for those songs! On Follow the Reaper, i really liked the first verse. I forgot what it was but i know it reminded me something. I think the lyrics really mean something cuz it reminds me of myself, the way i felt/feel, or a time in the past. Kissing the Shadows makes me feel like i'm high on top of a cliff and i'm over looking a lake or valley. And the way Alexi feels about that certain someone is the same way i feel about him. Alexi has helped me through so much so that song is my feelings for him.

That is true. If i think someone is important to me or if i care for someone like ALexi, i do care what they think. But it it's some other people judging me for something i believe in, then i don't care what they think.

Lady_Laiho said:
Kissing the Shadows makes me feel like i'm high on top of a cliff and i'm over looking a lake or valley. And the way Alexi feels about that certain someone is the same way i feel about him.

yes, exactly. in kissing the shadows he says, "high above your shadow smiles at me. way down below i hear you serenely breathe" (and then it goes to that awesome riff that i can't play yet :cry: ) so i do feel like i'm in a valley, or desert, well not really a desert, but some dusty place with a cliff and i'm on top of that cliff...and for some reason, i also see that lake in my image of this song (kind of like that lake in the cover of hatebreeder with the reaper pointing to it). and i know what you mean about the "certain someone" he sings about. i feel like it's his way of a love song or something. this song is just amazingly kickass. it's one of the best songs musically, and lyrically, it makes me feel the strongest i've felt while listening to music. this song is just amazing. period.

LMAO, Acoustic 'Hate Me' in finnish = FUNNY FACKIN SHIT I LOVCED IT... wait, wait, where am I?? wrong thread... ermmmmmmm

Um, yeh I can't say for sure what's the most POWERFUL or BEST line, but ONE of my MANY favourite lines of any of their songs that I found clever/poetic would have to be in 'In your face' surprisingly :p. the line:

"Insanity and normality are not what you call reality" - For some reason I just really enjoy hearing that line. The way he says it, and they way I interpret the meaning just come together for me in an all around pleasing way. If you're a poet, or put a lot of thought into that line, it's a VERY true statement, and one that is quite deep, maybe deeper than alexi even intended it to be. in short, without analyzing it too much:

'insanity(......) is not what you call reality' = (to me) like, you can't live at such an emotional extreme and think that is what life is about, because all your perceptions in that state are warped and incorrect. that wouldn't be a real existance.

"(...)normality is not what you call reality' = well, simply put, normality is not real :p like, normal is a perception, one which varies form person to person, and therefore as a whole does not exist.

Mystique1721 said:
yes, exactly. in kissing the shadows he says, "high above your shadow smiles at me. way down below i hear you serenely breathe" (and then it goes to that awesome riff that i can't play yet :cry: ) so i do feel like i'm in a valley, or desert, well not really a desert, but some dusty place with a cliff and i'm on top of that cliff...and for some reason, i also see that lake in my image of this song (kind of like that lake in the cover of hatebreeder with the reaper pointing to it). and i know what you mean about the "certain someone" he sings about. i feel like it's his way of a love song or something. this song is just amazingly kickass. it's one of the best songs musically, and lyrically, it makes me feel the strongest i've felt while listening to music. this song is just amazing. period.

Yeah, it's his version of a love song without making it sound cheesy and making it sound kind of mysterious. I finally listened to that album after one month and when i listened to kissing the shadows , it gave me chills.

ATTN: Everyone who thinks COB have "Deep" and "Meaningful" lyrics.

Kill yourselves.

<-Warheart-> said:
He might not have sat around for months thinking about them but they're about how he feels so they're meaningful to him.

No they aren't

Lady_Laiho said:
I finally listened to that album after one month and when i listened to kissing the shadows , it gave me chills.

you listened to it after one month?!! wow, i can't survive a month without that album, let alone one week. you're insane :OMG:

bobvex said:
No they aren't

How do you know?? I'm just curious.. in my post, I addressed the fact (that warheart mentioned) which was he prolly didn't spend much time on the actual lyrics or gave them much deep thought but that doesn't mean a deeper meaning can't be extracted from them, even on a personal level. Agree?