problem with doing drum-tracks, help!

Hexer

Nov 1, 2003
Germany
Visit site
hey guys, I have a little problem with Cubase SX / Battery2 and I got directed to this forum, as it seems noone in the Musicians Discussion forum can help me. here's my problem:

I import my drum-tracks as midi intu cubase and let them play through Battery2, then I export them as an Audio Mixdown.
when I play them through any player afterwards, they sound different (much darker, not as good as before) and some cymbals that were supposed to ring out are just cut off and over a period of some meassures, the cymbals are gone completely (though they were there when i let battery play the track in cubase).
I also tried to export into different formats (mp3, wav) and in different quallities, its always the same (and the missing cymbals occur at the same spot of the song every time)

HELP!!!

I had the same problem, but when using HALion for some samples, and the problems went away when I switched to Kontakt. But since you're already on NI, I don't know what to say, haha ! :) Have you tried messing around with the DFD settings (Direct From Disk) ? Also, did you try exporting the track in real-time ?

ok, I fixed the sound-problem simply by exporting in stereo instead of mono (what a stupid mistake :yuk: ) but I wasnt able to do anything about the cymbal-prob...

where would I find those DFD-settings (sorry, I'm a newb in using both Cubase and Battery2) and what should I try to change there?

Forbiddenevil: where can I get that update? I didnt find it

I really doubt the problem comes from this... To me it's more like a polyphony problem or something, Battery cutting the sound of a cymbal because it needs more voices to be available... Are you hitting a lot of things at the same time or very closely ?

Brett,

I think you're right..my problem usually arises when I do fast kicks and double hats. I think hexer is having this problem too when doing fast beats? How do you think we can solve this problem?

I was thinking something like that, too. it most often occurs in fast blast or double-bass parts.
but if its something like that, why is everything there when battery plays the track in cubase (the problem is only there after I've saved the track as an mp3 or wav or something)??

Wadi said:
hehehe..at least u're better off than me..my problem occurs even while playing in cubase :loco:

still doesnt help me, since cubase (or battery, or both, dunno) sometimes decides that a sudden drastic tempo-change every now and than would be cool, so I cant record to the drum-track being played by battery (the tempo-changes arent there after a "mixdown" of that single track)