Production I recently did, Day to Remember-style song, Eduardo Apolonia reamps

Nolly

Apr 24, 2009
Bath, UK
Hi guys,

This is a production I did this summer for local band Sell Your Sky. Eduardo did some great reamps for me through a 5150 III and Bogner 4x12. I roped the vocalist from my band to help out with the vocal production and tuning since he really knows what he's doing when it comes to that.
On the whole I'm pretty satisfied with the mix though there are a few things I'd do differently if I were to do it again.

The track can be heard and downloaded for free here:

http://sellyoursky.bandcamp.com/album/ready-when-you-are-raoul

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

You should of burried his voice in the mix and upped the guitar lol guitasrs sound good.
what the? i do not comprehend...

For the mix, i only listened back on my DT770 (as i have no monitors where i am right now),

My list of 1st listen marks:
- clean vocals are too far down
- guitars sound too dry
- bassdrum is like a punch in the face, in the bad way, its so solid it just sounds like one "thump" to me, pretty boxxy and the fast runs sound pretty robotic
- like the cymbal levels but they seem too upfront
- screams could be a little broader

all in all for me the mix is really too solid / does not have enough depth, please keep in mind these are my subjective thoughts and i am in no way an expert.

what the? i do not comprehend...

For the mix, i only listened back on my DT770 (as i have no monitors where i am right now),

My list of 1st listen marks:
- clean vocals are too far down
- guitars sound too dry
- bassdrum is like a punch in the face, in the bad way, its so solid it just sounds like one "thump" to me, pretty boxxy and the fast runs sound pretty robotic
- like the cymbal levels but they seem too upfront
- screams could be a little broader

all in all for me the mix is really too solid / does not have enough depth, please keep in mind these are my subjective thoughts and i am in no way an expert.

basicly what im saying is this guys voice is annoying