production on st anger...

I heard St Anger live on the 22nd and I just want to stick my 2 cents in and say that this Song kicks ass! I respect everyones opinion that came before me but I just want to say that Metallica still KICKS ASS!

I'm only replying to this because it's in the NEVERMORE boards.....WHY can't I download Enemies of Reality anywhere?!?

moghedian said:
WHY can't I download Enemies of Reality anywhere?!?

Satan knows you like the new metallica song, therefore he made it hard for you to find the new Nevermore.

Such a swell guy, that Satan is.

Because the CM link for it is *down*. Check the thread "The EoR title track is ready for sampling at the CM's site!" and there are some people who posted urls where you could download it off of them. No need to thank me for this altruistic deed, I'm just doing my job. *flies away* *theme from the Captain America movie begins to play*

"Satan knows you like the new metallica song, therefore he made it hard for you to find the new Nevermore.

Such a swell guy, that Satan is."
Do not listen to my arch nemesis Retarded Penguin, he is trying to deceive your simple mind. Do not be brainwashed by his ruse. Damn you penguin, leave the innocent out of this!

Ssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Heil!
Heil!
Heil!

I heard my name called three times, then hissed. What do you need, Mentally Challenged Bird?

Back away demonic funny walking incapable of chirping bird. *Grabs a bible* Bow down to the power of chri..........*Bible burns in hands* damn, I forgot, I don't believe in god. Shots laser beam from penis at the demonic funny walking incapable of chirping bird. Take that infidel.

"I heard my name called three times, then hissed. What do you need, Mentally Challenged Bird?"
I thought your name was Natas. That's what you told me last night, at least.

I believe in all that Ive seen
and I have seen the angel of light
I have seen the angel of light.....

LUCIFER!!!!!!!

Yes, it was supposed to sound like that. Let me explain this to your simple mind slowly, I.......was.......joking. Oh, you knew that and you were too. hmm....Wow, you really suck at it.

HELL YEAH MERCYFUL FATE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe I'll bang mah head to some after a healthy dose of Saxon.

TERMINAL VELOCITY!!!!!

Ok, I heard all of St. Anger and I have a few things to say about it. #1-The drums: First of all, the drumming is not that bad, if anything, it is a little above average. The problem lies in the sound. It sounds as if Lars is banging on pots and pans, and that pretty much ruins the drums for me. Also, the drums stand out way too much, practically drowning out every other instrument. #2-The guitars: I would like to say if the riffs are amazing and mind-numbing, but I can not because of the drums. The guitars are basically background music, and used for rhythm instead of melody, making the song almost tribal. This is a big problem, since Metallica said they were going back to their roots. Also, they tried to use dynamics by changing from soft to fast and heavy music and it just doesn't work. It sounds way to amateurish and disoriented. #3-The vocals: There is just no power or passion in the vocals at all. Nothing. And that is all that needs to be said about them, nothing. #4-The bass: Just like the guitars it is pretty much nonexistent and like the vocals, nothing. With many many many Metal bands consistently putting out quality Metal this year, Metallica is going to need songs twenty times better than this one to compete. This song is not even equal to the caliber of a rookie band and certainly not equal to the caliber of a veteran band such as Metallica. To be blunt, any song off of Load and Reload pretty much slaughters this one and then stomps it all the way to Hell. I would like to believe that this does not represent the cd St. Anger as a whole, because I would like to see Metallica make a come back, but truly, I believe that most songs on the new cd are going to be the same as this one. On a side note, Headbanger's Ball played Arch Enemy's video "Ravenous" and they censored the words Jesus and Die. WHAT THE FUCK? For one, this only makes the words more obvious, and also, what the fuck? Seriously, do they really think that Metalheads are going to be offended by these two words? Again, WHAT THE FUCK?

Fear Factory isn't a shitty band. And yes, there was heat between the bands.

Jeez your problem is that they censored the words Jesus and die? My problem is that they played that glam shit in the first place. Play some Morbid Angel motherfuckers.

There must be lots of kiddies watching Headbanger's Ball waiting to see Deftones or some shit like that and MTV doesn't want to influence them in a bad way or something. Can you imagine MTV playing a Deicide video?

Once upon the *bleep*

Fear him, fear him, fear him... *bleep*

*bleep* in the valley of persuasion
To receive last temptation from *bleep* *bleep*
Take a bite said the serpent, "eat of it"
Without no choice to do so, you cannot resist

Impaled *bleep*
Compassion forgot
Eternal *bleep*
Once upon the *bleep*