Metallica - St. Anger

Zarok666

Sith happens
Nov 15, 2001
Germany
I don't know what you guys think about the coming 'tallica album St. Anger but it sounds that the band gets heavier as ever.

Here is what a Swedish journalist wrote after hearing 5 songs of the album:

»The songs are brutal as hell, quite possible the most aggressive material the band has ever penned. They go all over the place‚ the attack is non-stop and shockingly ferocious. Musically, it's twisted, intricate, progressive, fucked-up and, more often than not, ultra-fast metal with industrial tinges. Lars Ulrich's trademark thick drum sound is nowhere to be found. Instead, the snare drum sounds like an oil barrel being smashed into pieces. At times the double-bass drumming reaches supersonic levels of speed and there are even parts that border on blast beats! James sings, screams and makes noises that could be straight out of a gory zombie flick. Traditional guitar solos? Forget it! It sounds as if SLAYER's Kerry King and AUDIOSLAVE's Tom Morello have had a big sit-down to decide on how to present the next chapter of the equilibristic side of the Devil's music. Melodies and catchy choruses? Forget it! It's all riffs, riffs, riffs. It's truly fucking sick stuff. As hard as it might to believe, METALLICA have made a musical U-turn that is nothing but sensational. Judging from these five, as-yet-untitled, songs, 'St. Anger' will, hands down, be the most brutal album ever to be released by a multi-million selling act.«

I'm looking forward to it. Maybe it's harder than Hate Crew Deathroll.

Congratulations for the first reply in this thread!

I heard it will be released in June or something. Metallica did some shit in the past (they worked together with this rapper Ja Rule and they tour with Whimp Bigshit and Stinkin Park) but I like their old stuff from my heart. Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets are masterpieces! My favourite Metal albums of all time. Much better than any COB album. I doubt that the new material gets as good as these but a really hard Metal album would be something cool. Let's see.

that would be weird if they got metal again. i looked at some photos on a metallica fan site, from when they were recording in the studio and james looked really EMO. i laughed...for like 5 minutes. maybe they decided to get heavy again because they se ethat metal is getting big again, making a big comeback in the usa. and of course they cant go totally mainstream like they came close to doing with that ja rule and limp bizkit shit, they would lose all respect. i still see them as weenie faced sellouts, and i'm certain theres no way they could ever attain the level of respect and greatness they once had. they cant ever top justice for all and puppets.

np: judas priest - all guns blazing (tee hee)

metallica have been great.. but now it's over.. theyre good times where in 1984 i think.. well, before i was born.. whit master of puppet and ride the lightning.. hell yeah, it was ass kicker!

i dont think they will ever return as good as they where... it' normal..

but as i read the review, it seem like emtallica are forgetting about there shitty(sorry) stuff of the last years.. i could even be great!

well, see ya i gott alisten to ride the lighting!

Metallica suck... I like the Black Album and some of their earlier stuff... but they are just not very inspired musicians. I hate it when ppl say stupid shit like "Metallica INVENTED metal, dude, don't diss 'em"... I'm sorry but they helped start the THRASH movement, along with three other bands, one of them being Testament, which have (and always will be) worlds ahead of Metallica's talent. But anyways I'm getting off-target here... I think they had their own interesting style on the Black Album, but I think the music before that is quite unfocussed and really pedestrian (standard) stuff. Most ppl think the opposite way, but I don't care.

Zarok, you think Metallica is better than CoB? :yuk: I don't think they can even begin to be compared... Laiho or Hetfield, who is the more talented singer/guitarist? Lars or Jaska? :zombie:

P.S. I just listened to those clips... NUTALLICA IS BORN!

Stun said:
Zarok, you think Metallica is better than CoB? !:yuk: I don't think they can even begin to be compared... Laiho or Hetfield, who is the more talented singer/guitarist? Lars or Jaska? :zombie:

P.S. I just listened to those clips... NUTALLICA IS BORN!
Not is. They were better. I don't care much about their playing skills, it is just the music on RDL and MOP which lets me say that. But Metallica changed and recorded songs with rappers and shit, so they aren't that important to me now. And as you can see I'm doing a COB page and not a Metallica page. But I would be happy if the new album would be a really hard Metal album instead of some mainstream shit like (Re)Load.

Uncle James can say anything to get more money to drugs. He can say that next album will be black metal, and the album will be even more awful than limb bizkit etc.

Metallica was once AWESOME, but they have got in same category with linkin park and limp bizkit etc..