""Metallica Brutal as hell?""

Something tells me that Mr Carlsson is getting a wee bit too excited. Fingers crossed half of what he says will be true, because chances are it'll be better than the last few albums.

Well, the webcam today on the 'last day' of JITS (Metallica's JUMP IN THE STUDIO site) was quite entertaining with shots of them jamming to songs for their DVD that they're doing. No sound, of course.

Video up tomorrow which should have a new song clip in there. Head on over to http://www.metallica.com/its

You are like a very heavy handed viral marketer ceydn.

That webcam was cool.

This album will be great.

Even if it sounds like it will be numetal.

I don't think it sounds nu-metallish at all, From the way they are talking im expecting an aggressive metal album, not nu-metal

Well it sounds just simple and the references to Kerry Kind and Morello don't satisfy me at all.

No melody?

The signs are pointing that way.

But if it's just plain angry metal, then great.

Why are you always so paranoid over numetal Soilworker? You thought the new Anthrax cd had tinges of it when it doesnt, and you have only heard very tiny clips from this album and hearsay... Next you will be saying Slipknot has gone all numetal!

Spiff said:
Especially strange considering some say that Soilwork's "Natural Born Chaos" is numetallish. :)

You should hear 'Figure Number Five' :puke:

N.P. Megadeth - Last Rites

Heh I like numetal though.

Mudvayne are a great band, as are SOAD... and the rest of numetal is great for the odd listen.

The new Soilwork is great.

Well, I'm expecting St. Anger to sound sort of like Justice with not as many guitar layers, tuned down to C and a lot more shouting from James (that I'm not *entirely* thrilled about)

But that's just what I'm expecting.

ceydn said:
Well, I'm expecting St. Anger to sound sort of like Justice with not as many guitar layers, tuned down to C and a lot more shouting from James (that I'm not *entirely* thrilled about)

But that's just what I'm expecting.
Well I hope it sounds like Justice... that was actually my favourite Metallica album but many people cried sellout when it was released.