A negative Metallica review

I make the "uggah" rhyme with "booger", as in the slimy stuff up your nose.

For me Meshuggah's stuff all sounds the same. A lot of people love them, but I get bored. Even Destory Erase Improve, which people go on about, all sounds like one big song to me.

I pronounce it like M'sugar. As in, "M' cat sat on th' mat while I was going to m' cupboard to get a bit of m' sugar to put in m' cup of tea. M' cat just stared at me as I did so."

Yes, sugar would have been more appropriate! I wanted to say that the last sound was that of the "schwa", but I figure it's unlikely anyone knows much about the phonemic chart or anything, so it wouldn't be worth it!

DravenMist said:
You could've rhymed it with 'sugar'. I pronounce it "Ma-Shoog-a" but whatever tickles your fancies.

i say it like "Meh" instead of "Ma" but thats just me

Southy said:
PAst Chaosphere they started to get a bit too unlistenable for me..Im yet to check out the new album 'nothing' though

same here, i heard one song off it called Nebulus or something, it was boring, it will be a while before i buy it cause i need to get all the new Devin Townsend stuff \m/

btw Metallica DO NO SOUND ONE BIT LIKE MESHUGGAH, people are just saying that because Metallica is trying to do that whole maths rtyhmn thing.

spawn said:
The guy drums at 230bpm seemingly out of time witht he rest of the band, the guitars are tuned so low that sea creatures get confused when its played within a 10km radius of the ocean, and they sort just chug along with no relation to the drums whatsoever, the bass is covered by the guitar and the singer screams a bit.

You have just completed Meshuggah 101 :)

:tickled::tickled::tickled: :lol: good one lol

ceydn said:
the no solos thing has been known for a good 2-3 months now.

I'm not worried, there will always be negative reviews :)

Yeah, I heard that too, but it wasn't until I picked it up that I noticed there really were no solos. That's a little disturbing coming from a band like Metallica that has such great musicianship....