Metallica - St. Anger

-"Kill'em all" is a good album
-"Ride the lightning" and "Master of puppets" are 2 fucking masterpieces
-"And justice for all" is really heavy and very inspired stuff
-"The black album" is simpler than the previous albums, but i still like it
-We all agree that "Load" and "Reload" suck (except for few songs)
So, I still have hope, we'll see how the new album turns out.

Those clips sounds very cool, even tough it's hard to judge a song by a 10 seconds clip. The last 2 riffs of the mix sound indeed like Entombed, wow!!
There is on the net a full song called Chains of Pain, which is NOT a fake and it's a MASTERPIECE!

No Chains of Pain isn't a fake, so to speak... it's by another band! Heh... I thought it was Metallica too at first but someone told me who it was (which I forget).

I think the Black Album is the best cause everyone has their own little style on the album... Lars doesn't do anything spectacular (cause he can't), but he does do some innovative stuff... James actually sings decently (on AJFA he did okay also, but before that his vocals were... :err: ...not impressive, to say the least)... and Kirk finally stopped copying Dave Mustaine (his solos I mean) and actually did his own shit, and it sounds pretty cool. And the bassist isn't impressive but not many are. Well that's my point of view.

Stun said:
Metallica suck... I like the Black Album and some of their earlier stuff... but they are just not very inspired musicians. I hate it when ppl say stupid shit like "Metallica INVENTED metal, dude, don't diss 'em"... I'm sorry but they helped start the THRASH movement, along with three other bands, one of them being Testament, which have (and always will be) worlds ahead of Metallica's talent. But anyways I'm getting off-target here... I think they had their own interesting style on the Black Album, but I think the music before that is quite unfocussed and really pedestrian (standard) stuff. Most ppl think the opposite way, but I don't care.

Zarok, you think Metallica is better than CoB? :yuk: I don't think they can even begin to be compared... Laiho or Hetfield, who is the more talented singer/guitarist? Lars or Jaska? :zombie:

P.S. I just listened to those clips... NUTALLICA IS BORN!
i thought the 4 great bands of the thrash movement were anthrax, slayer, megadeth, and metallcia...

meh.

In order for Metallica to be good again, it would take a few things:

Go back to standard tuning, James start singing like he used to, Kirk and Lars get some fucking lessons, they were good a long time ago, etc. etc.

I listened to the clips, I am NOT looking forward to that crap. GG Metallica, you fucking pussies.

NP: Arch Enemy - Vox Stellarum

Ya know, I read that interview or whatever a few days ago...I will have to admit that I was shocked. I dunno...from listening to the clips...the vocals don't sound all that "brutal". I think all of us deep inside yearn for the "old Metallica", but like someone already mentioned, that usually doesn't happen. I didn't even bother buying "Re-Load", and when they announced this insane summer tour, I almost fell off my chair. My feeling is, if your new shit is gonna be so heavy and brutal, then WHY the hell would you tour with bands like limpbizkit and Linkin Park? I dunno, it just doesn't add up, you know?

ShadowLioness said:
Ya know, I read that interview or whatever a few days ago...I will have to admit that I was shocked. I dunno...from listening to the clips...the vocals don't sound all that "brutal". I think all of us deep inside yearn for the "old Metallica", but like someone already mentioned, that usually doesn't happen. I didn't even bother buying "Re-Load", and when they announced this insane summer tour, I almost fell off my chair. My feeling is, if your new shit is gonna be so heavy and brutal, then WHY the hell would you tour with bands like limpbizkit and Linkin Park? I dunno, it just doesn't add up, you know?
also being compared to slayer and being described as 'metalcore' throws me off.

im not gonna bother listening to the clips on that site, im gonna wait til the album comes out so i know it's real.

Kirk was way better than Dave Mustaine,he so didnt copy him!

Im sorry, I love COB but (old) Metallica will always be the gods of metal.Its not about who's better technically...they just have the best riffs ever!Old metallica is just unbeatable and to me,it brought metal forward.Im not so keen on some of the later stuff but Garage Inc. and S&M were cool.That review's made me pretty excited,sure hope the album lives up to it..

ShadowLioness said:
My feeling is, if your new shit is gonna be so heavy and brutal, then WHY the hell would you tour with bands like limpbizkit and Linkin Park? I dunno, it just doesn't add up, you know?
Well, I think Metallica need those chart breaking bands to fill the huge venues. I don't know if there are enough Metallica fans today, if they wouldn't have a support band like ten years ago.

I need it!!! But.... men... be serious... they are in tour with Linkin and Bizkit, and they are releasing a more brutal album than Kill 'em All or Ride The Lightnin? JUAS!!! I dont believe it... lets cross fingers!!! ;)

Raistlin1980 said:
-"Kill'em all" is a good album
-"Ride the lightning" and "Master of puppets" are 2 fucking masterpieces
-"And justice for all" is really heavy and very inspired stuff
-"The black album" is simpler than the previous albums, but i still like it
-We all agree that "Load" and "Reload" suck (except for few songs)
So, I still have hope, we'll see how the new album turns out.

Completly agree!! :zombie:

loWildChild said:
I need it!!! But.... men... be serious... they are in tour with Linkin and Bizkit, and they are releasing a more brutal album than Kill 'em All or Ride The Lightnin? JUAS!!! I dont believe it... lets cross fingers!!! ;)

Yep
I have a doubt that it would be pure shit...

Zarok666 said:
Well, I think Metallica need those chart breaking bands to fill the huge venues. I don't know if there are enough Metallica fans today, if they wouldn't have a support band like ten years ago.

I suppose you have a point there...but I still think they could have taken different bands. I dunno, but maybe you are right...most of the old Metallica fans have lost faith in them, so they have to rely on the 14 yr. old crowd. Ugh.