Professional studio=bad mix?!

This music if fucking terrible, it sounds like it was designed to recruit people for al-Qaeda.
I doubt a better mix would have saved it.

The older recording was from a name producer out on the east coast some where, maybe upstate new york. I think it was someone who did mainly pop punk bands, maybe for a label like drive thru records. IIRC, someone in the band said they didn't go back to that guy since he was too expensive.

Another local band went to 37 studios because These Hearts did and came back with a demo of the same quality that almost any student going to a local recording school could have produced. Fascinating that the end goal of most young bands is to get a label deal and if band xyz did it by going to some studio, then they should too.

The older recording was from a name producer out on the east coast some where, maybe upstate new york. I think it was someone who did mainly pop punk bands, maybe for a label like drive thru records. IIRC, someone in the band said they didn't go back to that guy since he was too expensive.

Another local band went to 37 studios because These Hearts did and came back with a demo of the same quality that almost any student going to a local recording school could have produced. Fascinating that the end goal of most young bands is to get a label deal and if band xyz did it by going to some studio, then they should too.

The thing that i don't understand is that 37 studios has produced some pretty good sounding stuff, but this straight up sounds like shit. no clarity. The one they did with the older one was at nada studios.
sounds pretty damn good to me!
But seriously. I hate to say it, but i feel like most of the forum could have mixed those vocals better.

How can that guy not be stoked? Looks like he has a great studio and he can ride craig owen's coat tails until he has a name of his own. We should all be so lucky.

Word of mouth is your best friend or your worst enemy. Someone is in this forum complaining about there product from this studio and that is never a good thing. Why would anyone be stoked about that? I don't care how nice a studio I have, I want people saying good things about my work not how nice my studio looks. Don't get me wrong it is nice to have a great looking studio to top it all off.

Funny story, a guy who works out of that studio in question (who will remain nameless) was bad mouthing my work and studio, saying false things to bands like I work in a basement and a lot of other bad things about my work. I will not get to in detail, but that's just not very professional by any means. Get your clients through your hard work and great sounding albums. Not by slamming other studios and saying how much nicer yours is and how much better your work is.

I've heard soooo many bad things about that studio and that engineer. Seems to be a common theme here.

Victory Records is trolling the whole music scene, that's what I'm saying and it's totally epic how they do it

Word of mouth is your best friend or your worst enemy. Someone is in this forum complaining about there product from this studio and that is never a good thing. Why would anyone be stoked about that? I don't care how nice a studio I have, I want people saying good things about my work not how nice my studio looks. Don't get me wrong it is nice to have a great looking studio to top it all off.

Funny story, a guy who works out of that studio in question (who will remain nameless) was bad mouthing my work and studio, saying false things to bands like I work in a basement and a lot of other bad things about my work. I will not get to in detail, but that's just not very professional by any means. Get your clients through your hard work and great sounding albums. Not by slamming other studios and saying how much nicer yours is and how much better your work is.
to me, who gives a shit if you work out of a basement. the only thing that matters is the final product!

to me, who gives a shit if you work out of a basement. the only thing that matters is the final product!

I could care less if you work in a basement or not. Fact is I don't though and for a studio to make things up and talk down on you just to snake a band is what i have a problem with. Bands always come in and ask me about other studios and what i think and if i do not have anything good to say, i don't say anything at all. Most of the time i hype the shit out of other studios cause i love there work.

Jaay Mass works out of a basement and a garage and I can't think of anybody making better hardcore records than him right now.