Profire 2626 is wrecking my brain!

Nov 15, 2007
UK, London
bought the profire 2626 everyone said no issues with install so i was rele confident
been trying to install it for the past 2 days
i run a dual boot system xp/win7
xp crashes when i boot it up with the profire and the control panel crashes installed with windows 7 what to do guys helppppp
need this sorted by monday

What firewire card are you running? Is it a TI chipset? I had to buy a TI chipset card to run my Profire. With my computers integrated FW (Ricoh Chipset), it wouldn't even recognize the Profire when it was plugged in.

Also, AFAIK the drivers for Win 7 are beta (I think they still are?). However, I've had no issues with stability with the drivers and windows 7 on my computer. The control panel/mixer does crash sometimes, but I've found that if I let it load and wait for a few seconds before trying to do anything, it won't crash. So, if you bring it up, let it sit for a few seconds (say 5-10) before you change parameters.

And, just to make sure, you are connecting the Profire to the computer when the computer is off, right? The Profire is not hot pluggable.

someone please give me a hand, its blue screening ive tried everything diferent pci slot reinstalling could it be a faulty firewire card or maybe a clean install of xp will sort it ( it was pretty much clean when i got it) or could it be a faulty profire

i rele need some help guys urgent

yeah its a texas instruments and yeah i am plugging it in when its of i have a session on monday who knows where to start it jus blue screens with windows xp and aint rele running with win 7

Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz Socket LGA1156 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L P55 Socket 1156 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Cache x2 - running win 7 and audio data

Western digital 250 x1 running xp

Asus HD 4350 512MB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Low Profile Graphics Card

Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10600 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
Belkin FireWire 3-Port PCI Express Card

definitely sounds like a hardware issue for sure. try a different firewire card. driver issues wouldn't cause fault errors in both operating systems, you have a more severe issue on your hands. this is how computers behave if a PCI card is hanging halfway out of the slot

right ok ive narowwed everything down and the interface seems to be working on another coputer, well laptop
does a pci or pcie make any audiable difference cos if i can get one at a local store shud i be bothered which one it is

Well If you have Windows XP media center chances are it wont work. I Didnt figure that one out until i had sent Both a focusrite 56 and an M audio 2626 back.

yeah i did try that but it didnt seem to do anything
erm i cant seem to find which chipset runs on a dynamode card cos its the only one i can find locally
a my being stupid and not looking hard enough..